❗️ Sims 4 keeps crashing when accessing the Gallery

by rin_tokki

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing when accessing the Gallery

★★★★ Novice

Hi, apologies for this late response. Yes, my account is the administrator. I did what you said and it did indeed load the gallery without any problems. I did not try to load it up with cc on that account, however. My second issue is now with the game itself and how it keeps corrupting my cc. It will crash at the gallery even with cc that it previously had cleared as fine. Do you happen to have any advice on how I can stop this? Or what I should do? Never in my years of playing the sims has this ever happened to me. The update before this recent one really wrecked everything.

Message 81 of 356 (1,952 Views)

@natsubreeze

But does it happen without CC?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 82 of 356 (1,908 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It started to do it now. I took out all of my cc and repaired the game + got rid of webkit but it even then crashed at the gallery. So I did a complete wipe out of the game and also origin. I followed your instructions from your blog. Afterwards the game started up and did not crash at the gallery with both my previous saves and tray folders included (because I thought it was some corrupted files in the tray folder but it turned out not to be true). I started to put cc back my mods folder when it again crashed at the gallery. These same cc files I have were cleared when I played it last. I can't understand what is corrupting them still.

Message 83 of 356 (1,879 Views)

@natsubreeze

When you move out the Mods folder you must also trash the localthumbcache.package file. It really sounds like the issue is CC related for you. Try the 50/50 method to try and figure out what specifically is causing it maybe?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 84 of 356 (1,847 Views)

Sims 4 Gallery Bug

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, Strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, Moschino, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, bowling, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party, holiday celebration, & Grim's ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter the Sims 4 Gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes as soon as I go into the gallery, I cannot open the community page, my own library or anything in the gallery.
What do you expect to see? A functioning gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After the game crashes, I will try to re-enter the game and a couple of the game will crash a few times while loading the start/main menu screens.

Message 85 of 356 (1,773 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery Bug

★★ Novice

I would like to add that I am able to upload to the gallery, but I cannot open the gallery page. 

Message 86 of 356 (1,767 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery Bug

Hero
@macy3messina I merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Please try this suggestion: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-keeps-crashing-when-accessing-the-Gallery/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 87 of 356 (1,757 Views)

Re: Game crashes when I open the gallery

★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue. My game crashes every time I open the gallery. I'm on a Mac.

Message 88 of 356 (1,650 Views)

Hero
@queensnapdragon I moved your post over to the mac thread on this.

Could you try the suggestion here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-keeps-crashing-when-accessing-the-Gallery/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 356 (1,638 Views)

★★ Guide
@queensnapdragon @Sylviadj was having a hard crash too that might be related. She reported ( https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/m-p/84... ) that resetting the NVRAM (hold down Command+Option+P+R immediately after you hear the Mac's startup chime and keep them held down until you hear the chime again). Can you give this a try and let us know if the crash still happens?
Message 90 of 356 (1,601 Views)