🛠️ Opening the Sims 4 cheat console on Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

🛠️ Opening the Sims 4 cheat console on Mac

[ Edited ]

There always seems to be some confusion over how to open the cheat console on a Mac because Mac users normally substitute the CMD key for the CTRL key in everyday Mac usage (CMD + C, CMD + V for copying and pasting for example). In Sims 4 however this is not the case.

To open the cheat console when playing the game in macOS you use CTRL, Shift and C. It has always been this combination in Sims 4, never the CMD key.

Notebook keyboard.jpg

Full keyboard.jpeg

There are a few, limited exceptions to this which are dependant on Mac configuration and NOT the game controls:

• if the modifier keys have been changed from the default setting in System Preferences/Settings > Keyboard. Apple help page here.
  • If other 3rd party apps installed on the Mac interfere with the default keyboard settings such as video or screen capture software.
  • if the Input Source in System Preferences > Keyboard has been changed from the default language settings.
  • broken CTRL key(s)

System Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts for changing modifier keys:

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 07.38.54.png

Windows users, see this thread [READ FIRST] Cheat console doesn't open

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 132 of 179 (19,341 Views)

Opening the Cheat console on Mac

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I keep pressing command + shift + c but the bubble won't appear for me to type in the cheat codes. Does anyone know whats going on? I don't have any external apps on. Please let me know, it's getting pretty boring without the cheats for money! 

Message 1 of 179 (143,620 Views)

Re: Mac Sims 4 Cheats

Hero

I think it should be  CTRL, Shift + C

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 179 (143,319 Views)

[MAC] Cheat Box Won't Open

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is my first time using any sims game on a mac. I have Sims 4, and the cheat box will not open with the code command+shift+c 

Message 3 of 179 (36,093 Views)

Re: Cheat Box Won't Open

Hero

Try ctl-shift-c instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 179 (36,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

this does not work

Message 5 of 179 (36,034 Views)

Hero

Any background programs that could be interfereing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 179 (36,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

nothing else is open in the background... i've tried to see if another program is using that shortcut for a different command but no luck with that either!

Message 7 of 179 (36,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I hear time machine can sometimes be a problem ?

EDIT: Could you try this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13332863/#Comment_13332863 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 179 (36,019 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont have time machine enabled.

And I tried the keyboard/language setting change... still didnt work Frown

Message 9 of 179 (35,996 Views)