Re: How do I turn off Screen Capture on Sims 4 and get cheat code box instead?

by ayubipod

Original Post

Re: Cheat bar won't open

★★ Novice

I followed the advice to "change my modifier keys" but they weren't ever messed with by another user. However, when I changed my control key to my command and my command to my control, it worked. Would that mean my control key is conflicting with something? The normal control key still works when I need to take a screenshot.

Message 151 of 179 (2,552 Views)

Re: Cheat bar won't open

@KoregeousSim

Did you test both CTRL/CMD keys? Do you mean a screenshot in-game or Mac screenshot?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 152 of 179 (2,530 Views)

How do I turn off Screen Capture on Sims 4 and get cheat code box instead?

★★★ Newbie

I went into my mac settings and changed the keyboard shortcuts. That didn’t work. 

I also looked in screen capture on sims 4 and it doesn’t show any keyboard settings. 

it’s when I press the C button it does the screen capture while in the game but command shift c and control shift c don’t bring up the box and I want to bring it up for my little sister to use. 

Message 153 of 179 (2,466 Views)

@bwmd9glzz4iv

The keys to bring up the cheat box are CTRL, Shift and C. That has always been the case with Sims 4 on Mac, never CMD, Shift and C. This only changes if the user have changed their modifier keys in System Preferences > Keyboard.

If you have any 3rd party screen capture software installed or similar, this may override the OS default keys and the in-game keys.

When you press C in game it is correct that it takes a screenshot.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 154 of 179 (2,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and i didn't change the keys in System Preferences. I don't know what to do, please help.

Message 155 of 179 (2,407 Views)

Re: Mac Sims 4 Cheats

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, it's finally working :D

Message 156 of 179 (2,401 Views)

Re: Cheats bar will not appear

★★★ Newbie

I tried all the options in this post but nothing worked. I put my blutooth keyboard from my PC on my mac and with that the shortcut worked. I still haven't figured out the background of the problem and why it doesn't work with the Mac keyboard, but if you need to play, you can do it like this.

Message 157 of 179 (1,113 Views)

cheats

★★★ Newbie

Im a macbook player, and when i do command +shifft + c for cheats, it just takes a screenshot and idk how to fic it

Message 158 of 179 (574 Views)

Re: cheats

Champion (Retired)

@k4r3nz0 

To open the console you press ctrl - shift - c.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 159 of 179 (910 Views)

Re: cheats

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen and i did.. like it only screenshots and no i dont have any "screenshot programs" like wtf even is that i js wanna play the game
Message 160 of 179 (904 Views)