❗️ Game Data Incomplete, grey llamas, red and white sims, broken textures

by tayphillips11

Original Post

Re: CAS Sims have red & white skin/hair/clothes with question marks

★★ Novice

I'm sorry, I can't see your previous comment anymore- what process do you mean?

In any case, all day the game has been refusing to load & telling me to download the legacy edition. It also kept re-downloading and installing all of my packs, probably 3 times total. I deleted the things you mentioned a couple of times & I downloaded the legacy edition but it kept crashing. Only now it's opened, but says some of my game data is missing? I have no idea what's going on! And I have mods disabled in the game. 

Message 51 of 491 (1,318 Views)

@gemmyay

Do you need to run the Legacy Edition? Which exact Mac do you have, you can find out in Apple > About This Mac in the menu bar.

If it kept downloading and installing your packs this would indicate the Sims 4 Packs folder is either not in the same location as the Sims 4 app or is still missing content within the packs.

Having Mods disabled is not good enough to see if they are the issue. You should try a completely new clean game by going into Documents > Electronic Arts and moving the Sims 4 folder to the desktop so a new one is created when you launch the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 52 of 491 (1,306 Views)

★ Novice

I do not have the legacy edition of The Sims 4. I have a 2016 MacBook Pro so I shouldn’t be having any issues with running the Sims.

Message 53 of 491 (1,301 Views)

@hvang0130

My post referring to the Legacy Edition was to another user. Have you tried repairing the base game and forcing a re-download of the affected packs? The link was in my previous post to you above Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 54 of 491 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problems. I tried repairing the game but no luck, tried uninstalling and reinstalling but again no luck. Any other ideas?

Message 55 of 491 (1,142 Views)

@ericrl_12345

Uninstalling and reinstalling should have absolutely fixed it as it is due to missing or corrupted installation files. Are you running any 'clean up' apps that claim to free up space on your Mac?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 56 of 491 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes to the apps that "free up space" but I have not run anything for the files only for the ram. 

Message 57 of 491 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora Im trying to redownload it again and see if that fixes it since all of my saves were still intact when i opened sims up
Message 58 of 491 (1,137 Views)

Re: 11/10/20 patch

★★ Novice

I'm still having the same issues after uninstalling and reinstalling. Can you think of anything else I should try?

Thanks!

Message 59 of 491 (1,403 Views)

Re: 11/10/20 patch

@lilbliefs

You could set up a new user account on your Mac and see if you can properly play in that account https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

AHQSigImage.png
Message 60 of 491 (1,385 Views)