Re: Missing Textures

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Missing game data

★★★ Novice

Hello, I’m playing the sims on my mac since a year now and i’ve never had a (big) problem before.

I bought some packs and I’ve also downloaded some cc. 

But when I started my game today, they’re was this error message: 

Game Data Incomplete Not all game data could be loaded. The save game references neighborhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available. If you continue, you will encounter missing data and may have unexpected results. If you save the game, there will be no way to recover the missing data.

So as some of my packs are missing, I cant play normally.

I have tried EVERYTHING to be able to play with my packs but nothing worked.

(I have restarted my computer, repaired the game (maaaaany times), cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled my game and all the packs, tried to play without any mods…)

When I repair my game, i see that some packs are being downloaded, but not all of them. I dont know how to download the rest. In my ‘sims 4’ file in documents, some of my packs are missing. 

I really don’t know what to do now :/

If you know what I can do.. PLEASE TELL ME!!

Thanks in advance!

(sorry for my english, i’m french)

Message 241 of 503 (817 Views)

Re: Missing game data

@florrreeee

Merged into the main thread on this issue.

Follow these instructions to create a brand new clean Sims 4 folder, free of all your saves, mods etc. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting... then try to load your game.

What do you mean that some of your packs are missing in the "Sims 4 file in documents"? There should be no packs in that folder and no reference to any packs. The packs should be in a folder called "Sims 4 Packs" which should be in the same location as your base game. See the link in the solution on page one of this thread for further information.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 242 of 503 (775 Views)

Packs not working

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm playing the sims 4 on my mac since a year now and I've never really had a (big) problem before.

But this time, all of my packs (expansions packs, game packs, stuff packs and kits) are suddenly not working in the Sims 4 app. They are downloaded, because I can see when I click on 'expansions pack' in Origin that I can click 'play' or 'details' on one of them, but they are not working properly (for example, when I try to use a shirt from a certain pack, the Sim become white and red (like when you try on a broken cc), the worlds from the packs are not showing up too, and the building stuffs are not working.) when I open a save, this error message shows up: "GAME DATA INCOMPLETE", with text saying "Not all game data could be loaded, The save game references neighborhoods that have been uninstalled or otherwise are no longer available. If you continue playing, you will encounter missing data and may have unexpected results. If you save the game there will be no way to recover the missing data"

It's like I don't have these packs. I already repaired my game many times and I am also trying without my mods but it's not working. I've restarted my computer but it's still not working. I have uninstalled the game and all the packs then reinstalled them, but it hasn't done anything.

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this but I also don't see any folder called 'Packs' or 'Sims 4 Packs' in my Sims 4 folder (into documents). When I search for a file called EP0... or SP0... (for the packs) I can't find any. Aren't they supposed to be downloaded inside the Sims 4 folder?

I am now desperate since it has been like this for a couple days and I have already lost a game save (bc I've saved it 🥲)

If you know what I can do, please respond to this message!

Have a great day!

Message 243 of 503 (768 Views)

Re: Packs not working

@florrreeee

I've merged your post again into the main thread. Again, see the solution on page 1 and follow the link for further help and explanation.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 244 of 503 (731 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have already tried to reset origin but it didn't worked.

Message 245 of 503 (720 Views)

@florrreeee

Great, but that isn’t what I’m suggesting. Did you follow the link and read the guide on packs, how to possibly fix it or maybe you need to completely uninstall and reinstall?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 246 of 503 (712 Views)

Missing Textures

★ Novice

I'm suddenly missing textures for clothes and neighborhoods from base game and expansion packs. I have repaired the game, I've removed all mods and cc just in case that was the issue, I've even removed all save files and uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it still isn't fixed and I'm not sure what else I can do, any suggestions?

Message 247 of 503 (663 Views)

Re: Missing Textures

@Raachel_Eliza

Still sounds like a corrupted install. See the solution on page 1 and follow the link for further info on base game and packs. You should also try a whole new Sims 4 folder, not just removing some of the files/folders from within - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 248 of 503 (648 Views)

missing textures in expansion packs

★ Novice

Several of my packs are missing many textures from cas, build mode, and the world.

From what I can see everything in base game seems okay, I've tried repairing and deleting then reinstalling just the packs and the game as a whole, any suggestions?

Message 249 of 503 (426 Views)

Re: missing textures in expansion packs

@Raachel_Eliza

Merged into the main thread on this issue. Can you follow the link in the solution on page 1 to manually trash affected packs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 250 of 503 (345 Views)