Re: the sims 4 freezes at loading screen

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 not launching on macOS Sierra - split screen half black half enlarged

★★★ Newbie

I have not been able to find any recent posts about this issue. Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same issue. I have repaired the game in origin. I have deleted origin and sims and tried downloading it again. I can't find anything that fixes the game.

Message 471 of 519 (2,798 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not launching on macOS Sierra - split screen half black half enlarged

@stephbug998

As you can see in this thread, updating your OS is the only solution. Not sure why you would have tried those other steps when we know what the issue is and the solution?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 472 of 519 (2,776 Views)

the sims 4 freezes at loading screen

★★ Novice

Hello everyone! I've had the sims 4 since 2015 and i'm having the same problem since december/january of this year. I have a desktop Mac and evey time i try to start the game the whole computer freezes and i have no other choice than to unplug it to then make it start again. I literally tried everything i found, and i also disintalled completely and reinstalled (so no cc, mods, saves...) but still doesn't work. I can't understand if the problem is with my computer of if there's something i'm doing wrong. At this point i'm disperate because i love this game and i don't know what to do. If you have any suggestion i'll be happy to try it Standard smile

Message 473 of 519 (2,689 Views)

@sabrycippy 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 474 of 519 (2,643 Views)

★★ Novice

macOS Sierra (version 10.12.6)

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)

processor: 3,4 GHz Intel Core i5

memory: 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB

I downloaded the antivirus two days ago to check if i had some and clean them.

Message 475 of 519 (2,611 Views)

@sabrycippy

Thanks Standard smile Moved your posts to this thread. The issue is macOS Sierra, you need to update to a later version of macOS to get your game working again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 476 of 519 (2,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

After further investigation by the team, I've been told that this issue is due to a conflict between the game and the Radeon driver packaged with Sierra.  Unfortunately, this isn't something that the team can fix.

There are a couple of workarounds:

• Upgrade to a newer macOS (High Sierra or later)

or

• If the machine has more than one GPU, switch to the integrated GPU when running the game.  (This can be done through a third-party app.)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 477 of 519 (2,535 Views)

@SimQARobo  That's disappointing to hear, but it's good to get confirmation that this won't be fixed.  And thank you for staying with it for as long as you did.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 478 of 519 (2,493 Views)

Sims 4 won’t open

★ Novice

Hi all. Never posted on here before and I’m not super techy so I could use some help. 

I bought the sims 4 after the most recent sale. I had the sims 3 on the computer with around 5 expansion packs. Everything worked fine. I uninstalled all the sims 3 related games, and installed the sims 4. When I press play through origin the little sims 4 logo pops up and the screen turns halfway black. It says “The Sims 4” in the top left corner, but nothing happens past that. The computer freezes. If I try to close out, I get the “pinwheel of death” and it spins until I have to force quit. 

I’ve tried repairing the game through origin, updating the game, uninstalling and reinstalling, reinstalling origin and putting the game on my desktop and launching from there. Always gets the same result. 

here are my specs 

macOS Sierra 10.12.6

imac 

Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8gb 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics: Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB

Thanks in advance! 

Message 479 of 519 (2,457 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won’t open

@MelodyRP

Merged your post into this thread on the issue. You need to update your OS to High Sierra or later. Links in the solution on page 1.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 480 of 519 (2,404 Views)