Re: Sims 4 - PS4 - Roof options

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[FAQ] Advanced Roof Controls with Controller

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I found out you can select advanced options for curving a roof how do you do this on ps4?

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Adjusted title for Search Purposes.

Message 1 of 12 (12,915 Views)

Re: How to select curve advance option on a roof?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Tigerrun777 On PC you have to shift+click shift+c on the roof piece to bring up the advanced options. 

The controls are here for controllers if you are unfamilliar https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Controls-for-The-Sims-4-on-consoles/m-p/6446759#...

I haven't found anything that says console has these controls, but you can test it out!

Edit: corrected the key combination.

Message 2 of 12 (12,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've asked this question before and could find no answer.. As far as I can tell there Is no way to do this with a controller. Pretty sure I tried every button combination I could think of to try to get it to work but would love if someone came along to tell me that it's possible. 

The only way I've found is to plug in a mouse and keyboard and use those to access that feature. You can use all three devices together.. *controller, keyboard, mouse*  so if you have an extra keyboard and mouse laying around you can just plug them in and keep using the controller and just use the keyboard and mouse when needed. 

Message 3 of 12 (12,841 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Tigerrun777 @vyvexthorne  My understanding is that they key combination Shift+C is not possible using a controller. 

So the advanced roof controls do not work using a controller. 

As @vyvexthorne  pointed out, if you hook up a keyboard to activate the cheat. The cheat will stay active through the build session. 

It's not an ideal situation for controller users, but you can still use the cheat on console, it just requires a keyboard. 

Message 4 of 12 (12,806 Views)

Sims 4 - PS4 - Roof options

★★ Apprentice

Bonjour,

When we are in Build Mode, we have only one option to bow roof but if we use [Shift] + [C] we can have 4 options, but I don't know how to get this on PS4,

I have an other problem with roofs, on PC we can change the height of roofs and if we use [Alt] we can be more precise, so it is the same problem I don't know how to do this on PS4,

Thanks for your help (and sorry if there are mistakes because I'm French),

Au revoir.

Message 5 of 12 (12,713 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - PS4 - Roof options

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Math-090301 I've merged your post into the other post regarding this question.

Message 6 of 12 (12,685 Views)

No extra roof customization for consoles?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Why do console editions of The Sims 4 not get the tool to customize (curve) roofs like PC players? On PC, you can hold down a couple keys and get an extra "curve roof option". (Bringing up a 3rd "roofing ball") How come this is not available on consoles? This is unfair because it holds back on customization options/potential for roofing playing on PS or XBOX. (PS4 PRO player here btw).

Message 7 of 12 (11,745 Views)

Re: No extra roof customization for consoles?

★ Guide
@Espenschied1204 I've mentioned this lack of functionality before myself. I have a Bluetooth keyboard & mouse set that I have just for this reason to make fine tuned changes to roofing. On console the only control I know of to better edit a roof is extending a single eave. On PC this is too hold shift then drag. On PS4 it is to hold square -> drag the wave while holding square -> tap x to set. On my controller I use the tip of my thumb to hit square then drag the eave & while still holding square move my while thumb down to hit the x. It's easier to do than explain. Much like with fighting game combos they could have so many of these controls for better console play but they just don't & it's frustrating.

Justice for console controls!
Message 8 of 12 (11,709 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Espenschied1204 I've merged your post into the other post regarding this question.
Message 9 of 12 (11,663 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PoptartJuniper Can you point out the post you are merging these comments? I'm interested in reading them.
Message 10 of 12 (11,409 Views)