why wont f1 22 launch?

by lenoxwake

Original Post

Re: why wont f1 22 launch?

★ Guide

I see. Yet another weekend without being able to play the game that i have payed for, because EA and Codemasters are not providing any solution to the issues we have.

Message 21 of 68 (2,161 Views)

★ Guide

The game is still not launching. The black screen is all I see before the game crashes back to desktop.

Message 22 of 68 (2,101 Views)

★ Guide
@sleepaholic I know that this is something you probably don't want to hear but the chance that the issue you are talking about has something to do with the game itself instead than your system it's less than 5% (if I could bet a thousand dollars on it, I would put it at 10 to 1).

Crashes at the start of a game are only rarely tied to the game itself and when they are you will notice it immediately as the problem will get reported immediately everywhere (as the problem for example with F1 22 itself and Steam Deck and the new W10 update). If no such wide report exists then you can almost always be sure that it's something tied to your system somewhere.
Message 23 of 68 (2,092 Views)

★ Guide

@Amioram I am aware that it is very likely some specific combination of hardware + software + code + setting that is resulting in a conflict as I have also stated in my previous post (#13).

However, diving deeper into the issue I stumbled upon older threads throughout numerous EA games in this forum having a similar if not even exactly the same issue. Some of these threads are ranging years back, see for example this one in the Battlefield V forum from November 2018.

Also, I followed all the tips that @EA_Leeuw has listed in this Battlefield 2042 thread (and many more), but nothing helps.

Hence, I repeat my question once more: @EA_Atic, could you please share with us from the knowledge your developers have gathered in the past years what is causing so many of EA's games (unfortunately including F1 22) to not launch properly and to crash back to desktop after just showing a black screen? Is there anything that these games have in common during launch? Is it Denuvo interfering? Is there any setting or config that we as users can change or edit so that we might have a better chance of successfully launching the game?

PS: F1 22 is the only game I am having issues with. All other games (including previous F1 titles) launch and run without any problem.

Message 24 of 68 (2,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

I've also just installed the game via origin. Cannot launch either. Black screen. Then crash. No error message.

EA pls help!

Message 25 of 68 (2,020 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sleepaholic wrote:

@EA_Atic Please find my DxDiag attached.

Thanks for the dxdiag - please confirm your X570 mainboard model and UEFI version please.

You have a variety of drives installed in the machine with odd drive letters - can I ask if Steam is installed to the default location? 

There are connected pedals but no wheel I can see.

Also, your 32GB of RAM is it 2x16GB or 4x8GB and are the sticks identical matched?

Message 26 of 68 (1,999 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for stepping up, @SteveJackson!

My mainboard model is MSI's "MPG X570 GAMING PLUS" (MS-7C37).

My UEFI/BIOS version is A.H0 (19.05.2022)

My pedals are connected via USB, my wheel as well, but the latter has been turned off when creating the DxDiag report. Also disconnecting the pedals does not lead to any success, unfortunately.

My RAM is 2x16GB and running in Dual Channel-Mode (DIMMA2 + DIMMB2).

My drives are regular SSD drives, just named slightly differently than the standard. I am trying to run the game via Origin,
Both, Origin and Steam are not installed on C, which is my Windows drive (if that is what you mean with "default" location). Nevertheless, Origin and F1 22 are both installed on the same drive (E in my case).

Message 27 of 68 (1,964 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sleepaholic wrote:

Thank you for stepping up, @SteveJackson!

My mainboard model is MSI's "MPG X570 GAMING PLUS" (MS-7C37).

My UEFI/BIOS version is A.H0 (19.05.2022)

My pedals are connected via USB, my wheel as well, but the latter has been turned off when creating the DxDiag report. Also disconnecting the pedals does not lead to any success, unfortunately.

My RAM is 2x16GB and running in Dual Channel-Mode (DIMMA2 + DIMMB2).

My drives are regular SSD drives, just named slightly differently than the standard. I am trying to run the game via Origin,
Both, Origin and Steam are not installed on C, which is my Windows drive (if that is what you mean with "default" location). Nevertheless, Origin and F1 22 are both installed on the same drive (E in my case).

Can you uninstall the main board driver from Programs and Features, reboot then install the v4 chipset driver.

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd_chipset_software_4.08.09.2337.exe

DDU in safe mode then reinstall the Nvidia driver.

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4097

Don’t alter any settings in the driver, delete the hardware_sertings_config.xml before attempting to relaunch.

You might post your wheel and driver, consider using the RJ-12 cable as a workaround after first checking the pedals in the Fanatic Driver whilst it is USB. Do not connect the two cables at the same time, either USB or RJ-12. 

https://fanatec.com/eu-en/driver

Message 28 of 68 (1,955 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Support has been kind of ridiculous. 

I submitted a report about the game crashing on my windows 10 PC since patch 1.09. The game crashes as soon as i press a button when prompted.

Now suddenly my case is closed and i get a message the my email is no longer monitored.
If i try to open that specific case in my cases, it just won't open at all. Is this how issues are dealt with? just close them & igore them?  and hoping it goes away. 

Why is there no "quick fix" when more people affected and this is a game breaking issue?

Message 29 of 68 (1,937 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@hoihman wrote:

Support has been kind of ridiculous. 

I submitted a report about the game crashing on my windows 10 PC since patch 1.09. The game crashes as soon as i press a button when prompted.

Now suddenly my case is closed and i get a message the my email is no longer monitored.
If i try to open that specific case in my cases, it just won't open at all. Is this how issues are dealt with? just close them & igore them?  and hoping it goes away. 

Why is there no "quick fix" when more people affected and this is a game breaking issue?

Because it’s your issue. Patch 1.09 would have to break a lot of machines and the fact is it did not.

Message 30 of 68 (1,914 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help