Re: Massive input delay when turning at high speeds in F1 22 using a gamepad

by ScarDuck14

Original Post

★ Guide

It feels like since F1 2020, where Esports drivers were complaining about controllers being too easy and fast, they made them progressively slower. F1 2020 felt somewhat twitchy, but was very fast once you got used to it, while F1 22 feels a lot slower but smoother, with F1 2021 being in the middle. If this is the case, it would be nice if they added a setting for steering responsiveness, with "Slower", "Standard" and "Faster" options, where Standard is similar to F1 2021 and the extremes are similar to the other 2 games.

Message 21 of 27 (976 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

All they need to do is give us 1:1 input... It can't possibly that god damn difficult... 

Message 22 of 27 (915 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@REDRA-11 Funny enough. You can change sensitivity in Grid Legends. Another Codemasters game.

What’s more controller support in that game is seriously good compared to this one. Does not make sense

Not to mention 5 settings for each ABS, TC and even Stability control. Which you don’t actually need to use because the controller settings are that good
Message 23 of 27 (908 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If there is anyone left continuing to persist with the game and still having this issue.  Got another suggestion that you could try.   But it may be completely useless to those who have this issue.  And is at best a slightly sticky plaster.

I think a lot of the issue is it’s super easy overly aggressive/fast with steering inputs.  Especially as you move stick further towards left or right.  And with little travel in the sticks is a nightmare unless you and your  fingers are blessed with extreme amounts of finesse.   So you could try adding a precision ring  and even an extender stick as I use. 

The precision ring cushions the movements off your stick the further left or right you go.  In high speed corners you do not need to go full left or right with the stick.  But gently move a little left or right.  Which I struggle with.   

Note if you can’t get 100% left right in calibration just add a little saturation until you can.

Picture below shows  my pads and what I use.  With zero issues ignore the beans😁

Message 24 of 27 (841 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Since you evidently don't give a damn about fixing the issue for F1 22 - will it at the very least be fixed for F1 23 @EA_Kent???
Message 25 of 27 (695 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ScarDuck14 None of those settings make anywhere near enough of a difference. There's still huge input lag which means it's impossible to correct mid corner which is what makes a racing game feel genuine. AC corsa has much better controller calibration and stability settings, EA just need to implement the same thing.
Message 26 of 27 (526 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@ledevelyn codemasters Massive improvements have been made to controller for F1 23. I found default settings straight out off the box almost on point,
Message 27 of 27 (521 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help