Re: F1 22 does not launch

by SteveJackson

Original Post

F1 22 does not launch

★ Novice

Product: F1 22
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug The game doesn't launch.
What is your 16 digit Report Code?
Which area is the bug/glitch in? Multiplayer
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Did you have cross-play enabled? Yes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? The game does not launch.
What do you expect to see? The game "actually" launch.

I can't believe that in 2023 we are at a point where a game refuses to launch.

For the record, I have a Ryzen 3700X, 32Gb of RAM, a 6800XT Graphics card and when I play the game using either the EA App or Origin - I get nothing. Not even an icon appears. Nothing!! This is absolutely insane. I have followed guides online and on Youtube.

I have tried everything from enabling Administrator, to disabling the security settings in Windows 11, repairing the installation, uninstalling and reinstalling. I am at a loss for words. It doesn't even launch in VR - which is the first thing I tried. What on earth is going on?

I can't be the only one with this issue. Does anyone have an idea on how to get it to run? I would be gratefully appreciated.

John

Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JohnnyGoboy wrote:

Product: F1 22
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug The game doesn't launch.
What is your 16 digit Report Code?
Which area is the bug/glitch in? Multiplayer
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Did you have cross-play enabled? Yes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? The game does not launch.
What do you expect to see? The game "actually" launch.

I can't believe that in 2023 we are at a point where a game refuses to launch.

For the record, I have a Ryzen 3700X, 32Gb of RAM, a 6800XT Graphics card and when I play the game using either the EA App or Origin - I get nothing. Not even an icon appears. Nothing!! This is absolutely insane. I have followed guides online and on Youtube.

I have tried everything from enabling Administrator, to disabling the security settings in Windows 11, repairing the installation, uninstalling and reinstalling. I am at a loss for words. It doesn't even launch in VR - which is the first thing I tried. What on earth is going on?

I can't be the only one with this issue. Does anyone have an idea on how to get it to run? I would be gratefully appreciated.

John

You need to post more info like a dxdiag. There is no need to try as Admin or without security.

Will say now I can't fix issues with the EA App or Origin. Please ensure you have full ability to log in to EA Account with the chosen email that's linked.

Message 2 of 4 (255 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry - busy weekend. Okay I have attached a dxdiag. Would appreciate if anyone can get back to me on it. I tested it and it works on my other build, just not this one.

Message 3 of 4 (205 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JohnnyGoboy wrote:

Sorry - busy weekend. Okay I have attached a dxdiag. Would appreciate if anyone can get back to me on it. I tested it and it works on my other build, just not this one.

Disconnect Oculus device for troubleshooting.

Update mainboard UEFI (contains AMD AGESA 1.2.0.7, current 1.50 contains only AGESA 1.2.0.0)

Update v4 mainboard driver if not done already (uninstall any v2 or v3 driver first and restart).

Message 4 of 4 (185 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help