Controller Force Feedback issues

by thunderTG69

Original Post

Re: Controller Force Feedback issues

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: F1 22
PlatformSteam-PC
Summarize your bug LOGITECH G29. No vibration, no force feedback, the wheel work light and if you change everything to max nothing works.
Which area is the bug/glitch in? Race, time trial, everywhery.

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you compare the FFB from this game to the last few games you will be able to see the difference easily.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's like there is no feeling or FFB when braking or accelerating. Which makes it really hard to drive. Even when I put it to 150 FFB, it still feels the same and has the same issue
What do you expect to see? Force feedback when braking and accelerating, and feeling resistance when turning. Even over the kerbs and stuff it still feels really weak and hardly there at all.

Message 21 of 281 (1,429 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not just steam - xbox controller, this occur on 2 xbox, legacy xbox one and series X. We've been waiting for a patch for quite a while. 

Message 22 of 281 (1,404 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can confirm I had the same feeling about FFB on G29 on PS5 version - it was very light comparing to previous games and I had to use 120 (!) FFB setting to have more or less the same feeling, but still not satisfying enough. 

Message 23 of 281 (1,392 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Having same problem on ps5 controller. There is no feedback in the triggers even when the sensitivity is set to the highest. There is no feedback telling me when I’m applying too much throttle or when the car is oversteering. Does not feel like f1 2021 whatsoever. Controller just feels dead. 

Message 24 of 281 (1,365 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kent 

• Platform you're playing on: PC/Steam
  • Game Version (you can find this at the bottom left of start screen):  01.02.896391
  • Peripherals (What type of controller are you using): Standard ps4 controller
  • Game mode(s) where it's happening: every game mode
  • Reproduction steps (if needed):  just playing, no reproduction needed
  • 16-Digit Report Code (You can find it at the pause menu in-game, or under Settings at the home screen): XEGP-GRCS-XJAB-EHXE

I don't know if you guys even test your game before releasing it because I can't understand how this couldn't have been discovered before but it's time to fix this bug. There is a large player base on controller and it's pretty annoying

Message 25 of 281 (1,322 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, so it's the 9th of July now. 2 days after the big patch and I finally got the time to try F1 22 again. There is still no rumble in my controller for the PC version of the game. I'm quite surprised. Shouldn't that be a priority? Do let me know if this is being looked into. Thanks. 

Message 26 of 281 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping this up. Anyone? Is rumble still missing for the PC version of the game?

Message 27 of 281 (1,174 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Aetius_Alpha It’s missing everywhere. PC, PS4/5, Xbox
Message 28 of 281 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Novice

Quite surprised that it wasn't patched in the first patch. 

Message 29 of 281 (1,159 Views)

★ Guide

So just found out, that in NHL 22 there were similar issues with non existing vibrations. However, this was known for months and is not fixed for NHL 22. So my hopes are not high on our case..

Message 30 of 281 (1,126 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help