Controller Force Feedback issues

by thunderTG69

Original Post

Re: Controller Force Feedback issues

★ Apprentice
@Clixx_kid @EA_Kent made the wrong tag but that’s the information above that you have asked ^^^
Message 11 of 281 (2,088 Views)

F1 22 - PC version - Xbox Series X controller no force feedback

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

Loving the game and it runs like a champ but there are no rumble features working in the PC version of the game. I checked everything and there are no issues with my controller or PC. It's definitely the game. Can anyone else confirm this?

Message 12 of 281 (2,076 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@thunderTG69 Same with me on PS5 with Thrustmaster wheel. Also after a flashback i totally loose the FFB during 5/6sec.
Message 13 of 281 (2,046 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Clixx_kid Thanks!
Message 14 of 281 (1,999 Views)

★★ Novice

Product: F1 22
Platform: Xbox One
Summarize your bug When using the controller on the game I get no feedback on throttle like in f1 2021 (No vibration in the triggers) also when turning there is no feeling of when the car is understeering/oversteering due to the force feedback being very dull. I have tried various things to fix the issue such as turning the vibration settings for my controller to maximum strength however these did not recover the force feedback to be as precise as in f1 2021. I would describe the situation as there being vibration in the controller but it feels like the controller just vibrates in the same way regardless of what the car is doing and the vibration itself is very weak. This is an issue for all the controller players who I have talked to and for me it is making what is otherwise a good game very unenjoyable. 
Which area is the bug/glitch in? All game modes
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Turn off the assists so that the lack of force feedback/vibration will be more important and will be felt. Then go into f1 22 and try to drive a lap of any track on a controller, repeat this with f1 2021 on the same track, you will quickly notice that there is an obvious lack of force feedback on the controller that makes it very difficult to keep the car on track in f1 22 without spinning. This was not present in f1 2021 so for me it is clearly an issue rather than an intended design feature of the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I turn the car there is no vibration to indicate the tyre forces as the car is turning despite the wheel damper being on 100, making it impossible to tell if the car is understeering. It feels like I am driving purely on the visual cues of the game rather than being able to feel what the car is doing. On braking and throttle the vibration is extremely weak and this makes it impossible to know if the brakes have locked up until you hear the sound in-game and see the smoke, similarly with throttle application there is no vibration on the right trigger to indicate when the rear wheels have broken traction, this means that I often spin the car without even knowing that I was applying to much throttle until I'm facing the wrong direction.
What do you expect to see? I expect that force feedback in the form of the controller vibrating should be present to give the player feedback on throttle application, on braking, and when turning, also the force feedback should be strong enough and precise enough that the driver knows what it is indicating rather than just having a generic vibration. In summary something closer to the feedback in f1 2021 when using the controller.

Report Code: KXAJ JBPC SJXV GJEG

Message 15 of 281 (1,998 Views)

★★★ Novice

1. PC running Windows 11

2. 01.02.896635

3. Xbox Series X Controller that's connected via Bluetooth 

4. Time trial in solo (but I suspect it's happening in every mode)

5. Just drive a car in any mode 

6. KHBE-XHXX-PXEA-HKTE

The settings for the game say the controller is connected and vibration features are on. I've also tested the same controller on the same PC on other games including Grid Legends on Origin and vibration works just fine. 

Message 16 of 281 (1,986 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the ps5 controller there’s no resistance in the triggers even on full force feedback setting. Please fix this because it makes it impossible to feel what the car is doing and compared to f1 2021 the difference is so obvious.

Message 17 of 281 (1,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: F1 22
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug No feedback in controller
Which area is the bug/glitch in? Driver Career
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use an Xbox controller on pc
What happens when the bug occurs? No feedback
What do you expect to see? Feedback

I am also getting no rumble feedback in the triggers and little to no feedback in general despite settings being enabled.

PC - Origin - Win 11

Version: 01.02.896635

Xbox Controller with USB Wi-Fi adapter

All modes

XPMB-ESHB-SPBE-JETE

Message 18 of 281 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Novice

Platform: Steam (also on EA Play in the trial)

Game Version: 01.02.896391

Peripherals (What type of controller are you using): Xbox One controller

Game mode(s) where it's happening: All gamemodes with F1 cars (F2 not tested). Supercars seem fine.

16-Digit Report Code: DMGR-AABP-CEMC-JBTE

From what I experienced it looks like there is no FFB in the triggers. The rest of the controller vibrates, but the is not enough feedback of the grip of the rear tires.

Message 19 of 281 (1,916 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates, everyone. 

I'll share this info with the team. 

Kent.png
Message 20 of 281 (1,815 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help