Constant juddering, stuttering and tearing in Performance mode

by REDRA-11

Original Post

Re: Frequent stuttering and tearing in Performance mode

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I tried it again and it seems that most of the stuttering and tearing that appears after switching graphics modes is gone after a game restart. I also checked the PS5 version and it doesn't have this problem with switching graphics modes. It seems that having the desired graphics mode set before starting the game doesn't guarantee the game works properly. It still stutters and tears on the 1st start after turning on the console until quitting and restarting it. @EA_Kent 

Message 21 of 50 (827 Views)

Re: Frequent stuttering and tearing in Performance mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@REDRA-11 That doesn't work for me, the fps drops still are there. However the YouTube glitch works perfectly. This is absolutely ridiculous, the fact that the game needs another app or game running to be able to detect the 120fps is surreal. Also that somehow EA representatives in this forum have spent several days, even weeks to check and reply is incredible. At this point I have just given up on the idea that we will receive support and we will have this till F1 23, if we have the energy to buy another EA game. These reasons are why I stopped playing FIFA. Year after year the same issues and even new ones. Seems that EA have destroyed another franchise. Alos EA Help on Twitter is a joke, a joke. @EA_Kent @CM_TGK  

Message 22 of 50 (797 Views)

Re: Frequent stuttering and tearing, mostly in Performance mode

★ Guide

This is still happening.

- Game version: 1.16

- Report code: HAHC-STBM-BJMB-GHEG

Message 23 of 50 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Have you checked to see if it makes a difference if you turn the rear view mirror off? Only asking as I noticed you were using this on your videos. 

(I'll be honest I couldn't obviously see an issue in your videos but a Twitch stream won't properly represent what you see on your 4k 120 Hz screen.)

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 24 of 50 (577 Views)

★ Guide

@Ultrasonic_77 turning the virtual mirror off makes no difference.

The Canada video I posted shows it quite clearly, even though it still doesn't look as bad as it actually is. Also note that the video is recorded at 60 fps, but due to the stuttering it looks more like 30 fps.

Message 25 of 50 (562 Views)

★ Guide

Hopefully the console versions get AMD FSR 2.2 as well in the January update and it improves this.

Message 26 of 50 (371 Views)

Champion

@REDRA-11 wrote:

Hopefully the console versions get AMD FSR 2.2 as well in the January update and it improves this.

There is no issue to be fixed on PS5 as far as I can tell. I'm not convinced it affects all XSX/S users either to be honest, or I'd have thought there would be far more posts about this. Obviously this doesn't help you though.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 27 of 50 (365 Views)

★ Guide

@Ultrasonic_77 I said above that it mostly affects Xbox Series X in Performance mode. I played the trial on PS5 and it runs smoothly all the time. The Quality mode seems a lot smoother and Xbox Series S doesn't have a performance mode.

Message 28 of 50 (342 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Ultrasonic_77 I’ve not had tearing or stuttering this year at all.
Message 29 of 50 (319 Views)

★ Guide

@ScarDuck14 what platform are you playing on?

Message 30 of 50 (304 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help