by Clixx_kid

Original Post

Audio stutters

★ Apprentice

Product: F1 22
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Audio is glitching it’s freezing really bad while racing
Which area is the bug/glitch in? Multiplayer
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So far every time I’m in multiplayer in a lobby after the manual grid slot formation right before the lights go out the glitch will happen
What happens when the bug occurs? The audio glitches really bad
What do you expect to see? For a fix on the audio to not glitch after manual formation

@EA_Kent @EA_Benat 

Message 1 of 63 (2,386 Views)

Re: Audio stutters

Community Manager

Hi @Clixx_kid

Are you only noticing the stuttering with the game audio? The game itself isn't hitching up or stuttering when this happen? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 63 (2,326 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Kent Maybe I can help on this with some examples from my races which I've recorded on twitch

1. https://www.twitch.tv/johnysidestep/v/1520509331?sr=a&t=1550s (Almost unplayable)

2. https://www.twitch.tv/johnysidestep/v/1520509331?sr=a&t=2734s (Same day, we've just restated the lobby because maybe 1/2 players had it the same - little bit better but still nearly unplayable)

3. Few days later we've tried again: https://www.twitch.tv/johnysidestep/v/1522317824?sr=a&t=1485s (Lot less but still there, I've tried some fixes)

4. And yesterday I've played again with same lobby settings and it was okay.

My fixes what I've tried but idk if it helped or which of them helped:

1. Manually disabling other output deviced which I'm not using in Windows

2. Reinstalling my Realtek driver

3. Reducing audio quality in game to very low.

First 3 I've tried between attempt #2 (Britain) and #3 (Austria), but there was still something in Austria also.

Next I've tried to optimise my game settings for more fps (I'm playing on 144Hz and I've found out sometimes my frame rate drops to 135 +-) So what I've done: (Fullscreen windowed, optimise my Radeon to gaming, with game boost etc., Reducing graphics to medium with some adjustments like low crowd etc.) After that there was same race with same settings in France (#4) and I've got none of these issues. If it is because of my settings or pure luck idk.

Message 3 of 63 (2,306 Views)

★ Guide

Also playing on PC not PS

Message 4 of 63 (2,304 Views)

Message 5 of 63 (2,288 Views)

Community Manager

@JanKondler 

I appreciate the info! 

Could you grab a few additional details that I can pass along? 

• Game Version (bottom left of start screen)
  • 16-Digit Report Code (Pause menu in-game, Settings in home screen)
Kent.png
Message 6 of 63 (2,241 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Kent It was on version 1.03, I've stopped playing it now, but it is still bugged on current version, 90% of audio bugs reports is the same as this problem

Code: RMDA-SADJ-CTXR-EPXE, mine from Silverstone, idk if it is changing 

Message 7 of 63 (2,203 Views)

★ Guide

If it is not: RMDA-SADJ-CTXR-EPXE, it is RMOA-SADJ-CTXR-EPXE, pretty hard to tell from that replay if it is D or O

Message 8 of 63 (2,200 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Kent Cmon do something with it, at least response. This is from todays Brendon Leigh stream, if you are not listening to me, you should be listening to him. Hopefully it will happen to Opmeer as well so maybe you would care: https://clips.twitch.tv/ConcernedSuperKittenPraiseIt-NqaVOcq_DviD5wyz

Message 9 of 63 (2,161 Views)

Message 10 of 63 (2,158 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help