by sandyjam_s

Original Post

dose ea update spore anymore?

★★ Newbie

ea just wana know do you update spore?

Message 1 of 22 (11,252 Views)

Re: dose ea update spore anymore?

Community Manager
@7466519897986986 Spore is one of our older titles and has not gotten any updates recently. Currently, there have been no updates for plans of future patches or DLC.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 22 (11,229 Views)

★★ Novice

What would it take to get EA to make a 64 bit remake of Spore like sims 3 got?? It was my favorite game of all time!

Message 3 of 22 (11,164 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

here's hoping...

Message 4 of 22 (11,064 Views)

Community Manager
@nikkiaf97 Thank you for the feedback I can be sure to share with my team, we have seen others request this as well or a new Spore. Be sure to keep an eye on our social media and news pages if anything is announced by a studio.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 22 (11,046 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Illium Really?! That's awesome!
Even if something small were to come out like fixing a few of the big crashing or game breaking bugs would be much appreciated!
Message 6 of 22 (11,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_IlliumIf possible, could EA update the Spore: Creature Creator Trial to the Origin servers like the other editions of the game?
It's the only one that wasn't updated from what I can find so you can't connect your account to it.
Keep in mind I'm talking about the free trial, not the full demo.
https://www.spore.com/trial

Currently you would just get this error. Even if you installed it in the right directory.

Spore CC Trial.png

Message 7 of 22 (10,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@horse14t

Sorry, the free version of Spore Creature Creator is out of date. Since 2017, registration and login in this version is no longer possible. The EXE file of the game is very old and it can't connect to the server, no matter how you want it. It's a shame that this is so. And it is possible that this version of the game will not be updated.

[CM - posted edited to remove formating issues and better visibiltiy]

Message 8 of 22 (10,929 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@sandyjam_s Yeah, that's really sad. There are people who still use the trial or even want to use it before buying the full game to this day. Some even want to use it just for nostalgia's sake.
It doesn't seem like it should be a hard port either since the other instalments of the game were updated to move to Origin just fine and pretty quickly.
All they need to do is put the trial on Origin and link it to the current servers and they'd be done.
Message 9 of 22 (10,908 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Post image

@EA_Illium Big thanks! Now, I think, Spore is still alive! Woohoo! 13 years!

Message 10 of 22 (10,705 Views)