Re: Steam users unable to create Spore account or redeem game on Origin

by Fammen720

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm glad to have been of help. I've seen many people do what I did and share the information. It's great.

Message 11 of 229 (22,341 Views)

Won't let me log in

★★★ Newbie

I am very confused as to why when I log into the game itself (Spore) with my EA account it continues to say over and over that I'm either offline  or I may be disconnected. My internet is perfectly fine and I really would like to play online. Any answers as to why this keeps happening to me? (This has been happening to me for years, only until now I have actually tried to get answers)

Message 12 of 229 (5,188 Views)

Cant use Spore online features with EA play.

★★★ Newbie

Is there anyway to do this? It keeps telling me Im offline.

Message 13 of 229 (4,940 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Man, I tried contacting EA support via that link and was told to contact Steam support instead. I provided proof of purchase and whatnot but was still just told to go to Steam support. Guess I get to wait for a response from Steam now

Message 14 of 229 (5,773 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Went through the exact same process (lmao), however then last guy said that he recommends playing thorugh origin, Does it matter?

Message 15 of 229 (5,758 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@digilover21 I hope Steam support gives you the answer you need
Message 16 of 229 (5,758 Views)

Re: Won't let me log in

★★ Pro

If you are using the Steam version of the game, please see here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Steam-users-unable-to-create-Spore-account-or-redeem...

If you are using the disc version of the game, you will need to uninstall it, and then reinstall from Origin (if it's not listed in your library, enter your serial code from the manual), as the disc version is no longer supported as of March 2017.

Message 17 of 229 (5,118 Views)

Re: Cant use Spore online features with EA play.

★★ Pro

If you are a Steam user, see here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bugs-Technical-Issues/Steam-users-unable-to-create-Spore-account-or-redeem...

If you are using EA Desktop or Origin, you may be able to add Spore to your library and/or get a serial code, which will grant access to the Spore servers.

Message 18 of 229 (4,906 Views)

Re: Cant use Spore online features with EA play.

★★★ Newbie

Yeah Im a steam user so it looks like I simply cant use the online feature until they hopefully fix it. I saw one guide that said to install origin then launch from steam and origin will launch and offer to link my accounts but that doesn't seem to work.

Message 19 of 229 (4,902 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Fammen720 Apparently it's the same
Message 20 of 229 (5,727 Views)