Re: Spore - This code has already been used

by galaxyguy554

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Using the EA Chat Advisor worked for me as well.

I had originally bought Spore on DVD and was trying to reinstall it on Windows 10.

After I provided my account info and game code to the advisor, they were able to add the game to my account.

Note that the estimated wait was given as 109 minutes, but it actually only took 10 minutes in queue to reach an advisor.

Message 11 of 19 (2,101 Views)

★ Novice

Tried the Chat Advisor, no luck.  

Message 12 of 19 (1,910 Views)

★ Novice

Same here man have already been in live chat 2 times and filled in 2 forms. I have the boxes of the main game and both expansions and all their codes, i even send them pictures. Still can't play the game I own. they continuously put my cases on resolved and they distance themselves from the problem which is a real shame and put the blame in my shoes by trying to recover an account i never had. So essentially i'm chasing ghosts

Message 13 of 19 (1,727 Views)

★★ Novice
@xpeachsweettea Hi! I tried that, however the game had already been in my origin client... I tried opening it on my 2008 mac ( IT'S SO OLD) and it says that the key has already been used. What should I do?? I've been trying to find out for a year now.
Message 14 of 19 (1,696 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Since I had mine added through EA Chat, that's the only solution I know of. Maybe contact the live chat and let them know your situation. 

Message 15 of 19 (1,677 Views)

★ Apprentice

But, I've tried doing this like 4-5 times now. Each time they say to contact the retailer. Do I call up Walmart and be like, "Hey remember me? I bought a product ten years ago and the product code isn't working" ? An EA game advisor can't do anything to help anyone. You must have gotten extremely lucky to be able to actually get your problem solved.

Message 16 of 19 (1,389 Views)

★ Apprentice

YES!!!! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!!!

Message 17 of 19 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly they cut me out after a second time of showing evidence, apparantly the screenshots were still invalid which is confusing, since the screenshot was the in the same section in steam as shown in examples. I no longer have an option to contact live chat.  

Message 18 of 19 (1,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been having the exact same problem. They tell me the codes have already been registered... with my actual email account. The same I use in Origin. It would seem like a simple problem, but it seems like it exceeds their abilities. As always, I've been told to contact the retailer. I bought the games on launch and the reatailer doesn't even exist any more. And even if it did, what would it have to do with it? Lazy excuses to avoid admiting incompetence.

I just wanted a bit of nostalgia loging in to the Spore servers after so many years, and I ended up fighting with support. Well, guess I'll try again sometime.

Message 19 of 19 (780 Views)