by carlo_depas

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spore: Galactic Adventures Missing From Game Library

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) 59033498-57ca-45ff-beff-6c1339396859
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe Owned Games / Game Library
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10.07.23 18:00
Summarize your bug When redeeming my product code for the game Spore: Galactic Adventures on the EA app, it did not show up in my games library or under "add-ons" for Spore. The EA app store is prompting me to buy the game again instead. Therefore, I cannot access the game through the EA app whatsoever despite owning the game.I have contacted EA Help about this issue and they were able to confirm that I already owned the game "Galactic Adventures". When I try to redeem the code again, it tells me the code has already been redeemed. (Which it has, by me.)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Acquire a CD Key code for Spore: Galactic Adventures through Steam 2. Redeem the CD Key for Spore: Galactic Adventures on the EA App 3. Select the version you wish to redeem 4. Check your library- "Spore: Galactic Adventures" will not show up and the store will instead prompt you to buy the game a second time.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot access my copy of Spore: Galactic Adventures via the EA App.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to download and play the game and not have to buy it again.

I can provide any CD Keys, past case numbers, or screenshots if asked. Thank you.

(cm edit - updating thread)

Message 1 of 8 (1,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Spore: Galactic Adventures" Missing From Game Library

★★★★ Novice

So, turns out, all it took was contacting EA Help at 2 A.M.

I started a live chat, explained that the DLC wasn't appearing on my spore.com profile, and voila.
Asked me to log out, they fixed some settings, and it was just. There! Like magic!

This both made my night and confused me beyond belief. I've attached some screenshots as proof, as well as this lovely interaction I had with the EA Help chat advisor.

I guess if anyone ever needs help in the future, you just need to contact the EA Help Magicians at 2:00 in the morning. (I'm only half joking.)

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,018 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@kibbun As this was an add-on, when you go to Spore and click manage add-ons, if this tells you that you do not own it, you can clear the EA App cache and restart the App to see if it is there. If you do not see it, you can reach out to live support to see if the content is linked to this specific EA account.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com. To request a chat or open a case through email:

• Select the game or EA App
  • Then select Platform
  • Manage my Account
  • Chose the appropriate option

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 8 (1,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have cleared my cache and checked add-ons, and it still was not there. I have contacted the support, and it is linked to my account, and this has been confirmed several times.

The only way I was able to fix it was by installing Origin again and checking my apps through that, where I was able to install and play Galactic Adventures just fine.

Message 3 of 8 (1,059 Views)

Community Manager

@kibbun That is an odd one. I logged into the EA App on different accounts and was able to see it. I'm glad you were able to get it fixed though. I can pass that info along though. There has to be something that the EA App isn't pulling but I have a feeling it is because it is such an older title.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 8 (1,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The only issue left is that for some reason, spore.com is refusing to recognize that I own the Galactic Adventures DLC, despite me actively playing it (and even obtaining achievements for it, which DO show on my profile?)

And, because it won't recognize that, it won't let me access any online content for Galactic Adventures, which is... the whole point of it. To play other people's adventures and share your own.

Any idea why that's happening? We've already confirmed that I own the game, and that it works (but only on Origin), so there's no reason why spore.com shouldn't be recognizing that I own the game. Is it directly tied to the EA App now, rather than Origin?

Here's my profile, if you'd like to see for yourself: http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/krazybunni

Message 5 of 8 (1,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, turns out, all it took was contacting EA Help at 2 A.M.

I started a live chat, explained that the DLC wasn't appearing on my spore.com profile, and voila.
Asked me to log out, they fixed some settings, and it was just. There! Like magic!

This both made my night and confused me beyond belief. I've attached some screenshots as proof, as well as this lovely interaction I had with the EA Help chat advisor.

I guess if anyone ever needs help in the future, you just need to contact the EA Help Magicians at 2:00 in the morning. (I'm only half joking.)

Message 6 of 8 (1,019 Views)

Re: Spore: Galactic Adventures Missing From Game Library

★★★ Newbie
@kibbun I have the same problem right now and I'm waiting for EA to fix it
Message 7 of 8 (418 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kibbun I had a live chat with an EA advisor too, but he couldn't fix the problem right away. He asked me my mail and the verification code, then he asked me to log out and in on the EA App. Problem not solved. Then he asked me to clear the cache on the EA App. Did it and problem still not solved. Then he asked me to send a prove of my purchase. I sent him the screenshot of the purchase with all the keys. Log out and in again, but problem still not solved. In the end he said the he had tried everything, and that he would have needed to share my case with a dedicated team to solve it. Now I'm just waiting for them to text me again via mail, hoping this problem will be fixed as soon as possible
Message 8 of 8 (414 Views)