Re: [Solution] Spore for Steam - Can't log in to servers

by TopsyTurtle

Original Post

Re: Spore for Steam, can't log into servers, the REAL fix 2016

Hi together,

Please click here for more assistance in account problems and contact a game advisor
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us

~Liz

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 71 of 242 (3,728 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

awesome! thank you SO much Cat worked perfect!

Message 72 of 242 (3,687 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello there, I have been checking what I have done step by step and I keep getting the message "An unknown error occured during registration. Please try again.

Message 73 of 242 (3,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You seem to constantly reply to posts as if you're helping. You are not helping, you are just telling people to go to the support page to get help. I don't like you even though I think you mean well, and I wish you'd stop copying and pasting this one post "for help go to this support page *link* "
You don't work for EA, but you also aren't giving helping hands. Stop spamming in your quest to make yourself feel better.

Message 74 of 242 (3,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the "unknown error" issue when I try to register, and I also take offense to being told to go through a bunch of steps to work around the problem.
The problem isn't on my end, the problem is that you advertised your game as multiplayer, yet you expect every customer who buys the game to go through a bunch of extra steps in order to set up registration in order to play your game online.

There should never have been a problem, the game is advertised as multiplayer and isn't working as claimed. I selected to contact EA support chat and my wait time was estimated at zero minutes, yet here I sit 48 minutes later with no response.

All I can do is try to avoid buying your products in the future, because there's no customer support in sight and from the posts I've seen your representatives want to boldly claim that a convoluted workaround found by a member of the community is some kind of great boon you've delivered to your customers. You make me sick.

Message 75 of 242 (3,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried to reach out through EA support chat. No response, the "EA Help" window just sits there  with a message that says:

"Thanks for Contacting EA!

Hold tight, we're putting your information together and contacting an EA Advisor.Please stick with us until we confirm your case number on the page behind this window."

It's been an hour.

There are plenty of games out there I can pay for where I don't have to put up with this ridiculous irritation. Not sure what you're thinking, and don't really care at this point. Here's a game that's more fun than the wait-an-hour-for-support game: The Guess-which-fingers-I'm-holding-up game.

Message 76 of 242 (3,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Freggi the spammer:

> Doesn't work for EA

> Has been granted authority by EA to edit other people's forum posts.

> Never assists with issues, but has a macro they can spam to reveal how meaningless your problems are to them and their employer, EA.

> Would leave this post alone if they weren't a soulless cog in an mindless machine.

The meat of this post will be my experience in EA customer service:
Purchased Spore, which is advertised as having multiplayer capability.
Registration didn't work properly even though I have an EA account already.
Contacted EA customer support for assistance, chose Chat option, and got the following message:
"Thanks for Contacting EA!

Hold tight, we're putting your information together and contacting an EA Advisor.Please stick with us until we confirm your case number on the page behind this window."
With no response (despite a zero minutes estimated wait time), closed the window and navigated back to "resume". Waited another (checks clock) hour and 20 minutes.
Supplied posts on the forums revealing exactly how I feel as a customer with  no support.

I hope this message isn't altered so that it can reach several customers and prevent them from wasting their time trying to get through to EA support.
If it is altered, then to whoever alters it: May the suffereing you inflict be returned to you twice.

Message 77 of 242 (3,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if you have the disk version

Message 78 of 242 (3,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me it just says, code has already been used, pls help

Message 79 of 242 (3,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

does logging in work if you are playing the game off of origin or have you tested it because on my steam (Note i have not downloaded spore from origin)it still says computer may be offline or internet before i can log in with my origin information

Message 80 of 242 (3,586 Views)