Missing DLL:[d3dx9_27.dll] Error: 0x7E.

by Guillermosmizz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing DLL:[d3dx9_27.dll] Error: 0x7E.

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello,

First of all I have to say i know nothing about computers. I have just downloaded Spore from the EA webpage and when i´m going to start the game there pop´s up the error: (Missing DLL:[d3dx9_27.dll] Error: 0x7E.). I have tried many things and nothing works. Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 6 (3,440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing DLL:[d3dx9_27.dll] Error: 0x7E.

EA app Team

Hello @Guillermosmizz 

Please try and install Visual C++ 2013 (make sure to install x86 and x64) and DirectX from the game folder. By default, the folder would be here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\__Installer". In the "__Installer/directx/redist" folder you will be able to see "DXSETUP" (DirectX setup) and in "__Installer/vc/vc2013/redist" you will be able to see both of the Visual C++ installers.

Please let us know if it helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,412 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hello @Guillermosmizz 

Please try and install Visual C++ 2013 (make sure to install x86 and x64) and DirectX from the game folder. By default, the folder would be here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore\__Installer". In the "__Installer/directx/redist" folder you will be able to see "DXSETUP" (DirectX setup) and in "__Installer/vc/vc2013/redist" you will be able to see both of the Visual C++ installers.

Please let us know if it helps.

Message 2 of 6 (3,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Montimer I’m so confused
Message 3 of 6 (1,612 Views)

★★★ Guide

Basically DirectX is needed for the game to function properly.

If you have the EA App, the folder you need to get to should be located at C:\Program Files\EA Games\Spore\__Installer\directx\redist

All you have to do is find 'DXSETUP' and double click it. Run through the process and then try to load Spore up after it's finished.

Message 4 of 6 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont see that file how would  i get to it

Message 5 of 6 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

You can get the latest DirectX versions from the Microsoft website.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/topic/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-directx-d1f5ffa5-dae2...

(You need DirectX 9.0c or higher to run Spore)

Message 6 of 6 (592 Views)