Major spore EA app login issue

by Crossifix7

Original Post

Major spore EA app login issue

★★★ Newbie

I have spore on my EA, I recently learned I can't activate the game through cd keys since they were removed those on steam but I did contact support and I showed proof of ownership and now the game is on my EA app. The problem is that I can't log in at all, I just can't, it keeps giving me a server error. I am opening the game through the EA app and it still won't allow me to log in, I found a way to register my account in the game through an alternative method but I am unable to log in. I can't find a fix either, I already contacted support about this but they've already done everything they can to help, and I don't know what else I do can to fix it, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting my wifi, I looked it up, looked through multiple forums on reddit, on steam, and even here and there is NO mention of a fix for this, it's the same steam cd key fix which ins't possible anymore. I don't know what to do, I literally don't know where to go from here. I'm stuck, I can't log in at all, no fixes.

Message 1 of 3 (844 Views)

Re: Major spore EA app login issue

★★ Novice
@Crossifix7 Got the same problem, no idea if you got it fixed in the end but it's still a problem here, It worked back when EA had Origins but when they changed it to EA App it just doesn't work now and I can't seem to find a fix at all nor am I able to contact support at all which is even more annoying.
Message 2 of 3 (459 Views)

Re: Major spore EA app login issue

★★★ Newbie

You can do this:

win + r - to open the run window

type in regedit then click OK

click yes to give permissions to the program.

Search for:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\ea games\spore(tm)\ergc

or something along those lines

When you click the ergc file it should show one data that says your CD Key.

If it says %CDKEY% then I have no idea how to help you. 

Message 3 of 3 (195 Views)