Advisors say product code redeemed in 2009 on an Origin account and Not in 2011!

by arnold197897

Original Post

Advisors say product code redeemed in 2009 on an Origin account and Not in 2011!

★ Apprentice

If you didn't pick up on the Issue conveyed from the title, let me explain what it is. First, to give the necessary context, I own a CD copy of an old game (Spore Galactic Adventures) and have a Spore account that is registered with my product code. I recently discovered that you can redeem the product code on Origin to get a digital copy. I tried it, but the code did not work. I contacted a game advisor and they said the code was used on an Origin account on the date, June 26th, 2009. This is where the main issue I am addressing in this thread came from and where I began to become confused. This is an issue and made me confused because it should have been impossible for my product code to have been redeemed on an Origin account in the year 2009, at least according to what I found on google concerning Origin's release date. The information I found stated that Origin was released in 2011. It simply does not make any sense that my code could have possibly been used in 2009 on an Origin account when Origin was made 2 years after my code's supposed use, thus meaning that my code was redeemed on a non-existent Origin account. The conclusion that I decided to settle on, for why the many game advisors I contacted said my product code was redeemed in 2009, was that the advisors must be counting the connecting/registering of my spore account, to my CD using my product code, as using the product code on an Origin account. I later lost confidence in this conclusion because I noticed, in later chats with game advisors, that the game advisors said that the code was redeemed for a digital copy on an Origin account and from what they said, it seemed like they were saying that the game tied with my product code was in an Origin account library. The problem with this is, I have no clue what the email or password is to the account the advisors say the game is on let alone its existence. First, I decided to try and see if the code was redeemed for a digital copy on my old EA account that was linked with my Spore account (https://www.spore.com/view/myspore/RhodiumJoe), but there was not a game in my library. I'm not sure if it's a glitch that is making the advisors think that my code was redeemed or something, but If I'm wrong about how anything works, or if you have a comment, please help me. 

Message 1 of 1 (519 Views)