unable to update and now can't install game

by CMN1980

Original Post

unable to update and now can't install game

★★★ Novice

I paid for the Mayor's Premium Plus pass and suddenly the Thailand pass stopped and I was told to update the game. 

I tried updating it and it gave me an error saying "Oops! Something went wrong on our end."

I raised a ticket with EA and they just told me to go through the steps on the FAQ. I did so. Wiped a bunch of apps and updated my Android.

Uninstalled the game and tried installing it again. Same error message. I'm afraid all my progress has been lost and the game is dead.

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 5 (482 Views)

Re: unable to update and now can't install game

Community Manager
Hi @CMN1980 , is this still happening? Would you have a screenshot of the error message by any chance?
Cath-1-222

Quelqu'un vous vient en aide? Vous pouvez lui donner un peu d'XP
Votre problème est résolu? N'hésitez pas à Accepter une solution sur votre sujet
*Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés*
Message 2 of 5 (380 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the error message I receive and am still receiving. Thanks!

Message 3 of 5 (353 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is still a problem even though I've followed all the guidelines and troubleshooting links that EA and SimCity Buildit have sent me. 

I am very frustrated!!!! 

Please help. I am missing out on all the Mayor's pass goodies and am losing interest in the game. It's just simply not as fun as it was. 

I sent a screenshot of the error message I am getting and am still receiving even after getting all the assistance from EA and TapJoy and all responses to any case I raise. 

I don't believe this is a problem on my end. And as the error message says, it is a problem on their end, not mine. 

I attach the screenshot again.  Any assistance would be very well received, but I will not appreciate any more FAQ and troubleshooting sites anymore. Please check this out as a technical problem on EA's end.

Thank you very much,

Catherine

P.S. You are welcome to PM me via my email address. A private correspondence with an actual human would be really helpful. Many thanks! Standard smile 

Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

★★★ Novice

BTW, the only answer EA gave me was "factory reset your phone." I did, and after weeks of trying to restore everything, I lost my Mayor's and Vu's passes and had to pay for new ones. This kind of reply from EA without any feeling of obligation to refund me or add compensation in SimCash (anything would have been nice!) is becoming more and more common.

I'm tired of the bugs that keep appearing with no attempt by EA or the SimCity Buildit team to fix it.

Message 5 of 5 (169 Views)