Re: Simcity Buildit: Unable to remove inactive members due to inactive president

by Vernissa

Original Post

Simcity Buildit: Unable to remove inactive members due to inactive presidents

★★★ Newbie

I am a happy Simcity Build-It player for years, and love the Wars addition.

Unfortunately our president and vice-president have become inactive for more than 6 months, which blocks our teams progress to be able to remove inactive players.

The president lost interest and her brother, which is the vice president, had technical issues after an update, so he is not to be able to login into the game any more with his city. We haven't heard of them since then. We are still hoping the vice president gets his issue resolved....

With 9 active members of 23 we only have 4 choices now:

1.  Do nothing and accept we will loose many games due to so many inactive team members.
  2.  Start a new team, throwing away 2 years of team progress and need to go through all levels again.
  3.  Leave the club and join another club, with a risk not everyone you play with now still with will be accepted due to lower war level for example.
  4. Stop playing Simcity

All options do not seem to be really nice ones.

I contacted EA support, but unfortunately they do not have the tools to promote me from senior to vice president to be able to remove inactive players. They would gladly have done it if they could, because they could relate to our frustration. 

So my 2 questions are:

1. Can the support team have the tool required to promote a senior at least to vice president so inactive players can be removed OR even better:
  2. Can, in a future update, inactive players be removed automatically after 2 months of inactivity?
Message 1 of 5 (420 Views)

Re: Simcity Buildit: Unable to remove inactive members due to inactive president

★★★ Apprentice
@1azsxcldbrus I like your suggestions and hope EA solves this problem. I was a member of two clubs that “died” because of inactivity of president and vicepresidents.
Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A few years ago I was in the same position with an inactive president. I started a new club and many of the team joined the new club. This seemed the only and best option. 

Message 3 of 5 (368 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here. I was VP, but with inactive president the club becomes limited to what it can do.  Start new club is only option.  War become a real drudgery. 

EA should really address this. It happens more than you might think.

Message 4 of 5 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I was playing since 3 months after the start. Many groups are dead or sleeping. When a president stops playing the group is done. Unfortunately the top 100  war stats are also not right for that reason. It could be an idea to remove sleeping groups after a year of sleeplping or so but very unfortunate they did not build a switch for that. You might create a new group and .move all active players with you through a message or discuss it first wiithin the unmanaged group.

Message 5 of 5 (195 Views)