Game won't load

by Milton4778

Original Post

Game won't load

★★ Novice

The game crashes when I try to load my city. Running a Samsung Galaxy tablet, with lots of memory and storage available.  My tablet is clean, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  The error message says "SimCity closed because the app has a bug.  Try updating this app after its developer provides a fix for this error." 

My club is currently at war, and I have tasks running in the contest.  Please provide a fix for this error.

SimCity Buildit Error message

Message 1 of 6 (166 Views)

Re: Game won't load

★★ Novice

Fixed.  If you're getting this bug, go to help.EA.com

Go through the troubleshooting tips that are provided, and if that doesn't work, use the chat button.  They were able to fix my issue within minutes.

Message 2 of 6 (154 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Milton4778 What was the fix for this issue?
Message 3 of 6 (150 Views)

★★ Novice

My advice: Go through the troubleshooting tips that are provided, and if that doesn't work, use the chat button.  They were able to fix my issue within minutes.

I don't know what they did in the background, but the chat agent said they would look into it, and a few minutes later followed up to see if their fix worked.  It did.

Message 4 of 6 (143 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Milton4778 Just got off a chat with them. They weren’t able to help in my case but it did seem like I might have been talking to a real person. They said they do “not have access to the Simcity toolkit” , so they cannot determine why my game crashes. They had some general technical advice, but nothing I don’t already know. They suggested I try buying a newer device to stop the game from crashing which would be quite a costly solution.
Message 5 of 6 (129 Views)

★★ Novice

Aw too bad.  Mine wasn't device related, it really was a problem at their end. 

I had a lot of issues when I had an old device.  When its time for you to upgrade yours, it will play like a different game. 

Message 6 of 6 (122 Views)