set simcity to single player

by MsDSweets

Original Post

set simcity to single player

★★★ Novice

why am i unable to set simcity to single player.  i never want to play with anyone.  don't nee to.  its not necessary or me.  i have no need for unnecessary new friends.  just want to play my game and enjoy my gameplay in perfect solitude.  

Message 1 of 2 (1,428 Views)

Re: set simcity to single player

Hero (Retired)

@MsDSweets You are not stuck playing in multiplayer mode. You can play offline and single player, or if you prefer to play online but by yourself, you can set your region to "private" and no one can join it. Offline/Single Player mode saves your cities to your computer. Online/Multiplayer mode saves them to the server.  

Origin will make you log in online. When you launch the game the first time, you will need to at least start the tutorial while online. You can exit it from the menu after it starts - click on the top right three dots and choose to exit. That will take you back to the game launcher. Once you've registered the game to Origin in this manner, then exit the game.

From then on, you can log into Origin, click the Origin menu > Go offline. Then launch the game. 

Once you start playing in offline mode, it will open to the Single Player screen instead. If you launch the game while online, you can still get to the offline mode.

When you first start the game, click the "Play" button - the green right-facing arrow in the bottom right (click on the spoiler tag to see a pic):

Spoiler

SimCity 5 Click Play.png

The game will open another launcher and defaults to Multiplayer Mode (online). 

Spoiler
SimCity Opens Multiplayer Tab.png

Right under the SimCity banner, there are 2 tabs. Click on the "Single-Player" tab to go offline: 

SimCity Single Player tab.png

Of course, your tabs won't have any "resume" buttons since you're just starting. Click the play button and create your first region.

I hope this helps. Happy Building!

Message 2 of 2 (1,381 Views)