Re: SimCity problem with starting game

by musizlover2008

Original Post

SimCity problem with starting game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello and help. What to do because I wanted to play since the last time I launched this game in 2015. I would like to come back to this game. When I start this game it happens and then it closes the game. Help!? Sorry for the polish language but i come from polish. It probably means "Memory allocation failure -1558288472 bytes. You will exit SimCity [1006])"  

Message 1 of 3 (978 Views)

Re: Problem with starting game

Hero (Retired)

Hi @mikomaj2006 - this is a strange error message, it seems can come up for all sorts of different reasons. I recommend that you run a game repair first, in case the installation did not complete properly.

In Origin > right-click the SimCity icon > choose Repair

Then check these tips to see if we can find the problem:

• Firewall and Antivirus - Make sure SimCity.exe and Origin.exe are added to exception lists. If you have BitDefender installed, disable it.
      • Graphics drivers and OS are patched and updated to newest versions
      • SimCity.exe and Origin.exe - Set them to run "as administrator"
      • Nahimic from MSI - this is an audio management program that comes with MSI motherboards. Disable or uninstall it. Nahimic 2 & 3 are known to cause this issue.
      • Disable Origin in-game In Origin main menu, right-click SimCity icon, Game Properties, check the box that says "Disable Origin In-game"
      • Run in Windows 7 or 8 compatibility mode - right-click SimCity shortcut; choose Properties > Compatibility tab > Check the box to run in Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode

Definitely post back and let us know whether something worked. If it still won't run, reply back and attach a dxdiag report

Message 2 of 3 (967 Views)

Re: SimCity problem with starting game

★ Novice

I tried all possible solutions and non of them worked. All I did was restart the computer and boom, its working.

Message 3 of 3 (917 Views)