Region Not Sharing Resources / Status Checks between cities

by skrooth

Original Post

Re: Region Connectivity not working

★★★ Apprentice

also unfortunatly due to the time this issue will most likely not even be looked at till tomorrow sigh...:catfrustrated:

Message 61 of 349 (1,076 Views)

Re: Region Connectivity not working

★★ Apprentice

This is because of the server issues which according to EA/Maxis, are currently being worked on.  So, when they can determine the fixes, and get them out, we unforchanetly are going to be dealing with this for some time.

Message 62 of 349 (1,074 Views)

Re: Regions sharing is not working

★★★★★ Novice

Its not working. Its says there is available power, water, sewege etc, but when you click BUY,  it says buying 0

Message 63 of 349 (1,099 Views)

Region Communication Questions

★★ Novice

Seeing multiple issues with inter-region communication.

1. Sending a gift of money from one city to another will not appear even over a prolonged period of time. 

2. Great works projects will not start. They will look like they are starting but just stay in an approval state.

3. Departments of Tourism, and all other departments will not have an effect outside the city as they should. These are supposed to have a regional effect but do not yet. 

Please hurry in addressing these problems. Some of my cities need resources from another to live, absent these fixes my cities will die. 

Thx

Message 64 of 349 (1,088 Views)

Re: Commuting broken?

★★★★★ Newbie

@proxis2 wrote:

As a side note, it appears bus terminal busses from neighbor cities are clogging the hell out of my city.  They should only go to the Local Bus Terminal, not to each bus stop in my city.   

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem. I have between 20-40 buses from other cities clogging a new little town that I just created after placing a few bus stops. I don't have a terminal and do not have shuttle buses in this little city. I did create a commuter parking lot but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Half the time they seem to arrive empty and leave empty after driving around the little town for a while.

Also, what the heck is with all the rediculous pathing and u-turns of most vehicles including (and especially) the buses? It seems completely broken and aids in the clogging of the town. No one makes u-turns at the rates the cars in simcity do.

Message 65 of 349 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

this is part of the traffic bug i was noting in other post and i think this one as well 

where even tho i do have massive amount of bus stops and such the other cities seem to wanna throw busses in to my population city and clog my streets 

and what does not help is that my city is clogged with cars wouldnt you think that with alot of bus stops there wouldnt be much cars in the streets

Message 66 of 349 (1,136 Views)

Re: Regions sharing is not working

★★★★★ Apprentice

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Commuting-broken/m-p/671226/highlight/false#M24297

read this post on sharing 

to many ppl made the same question and its a flood bank when this post has it all 

Message 67 of 349 (1,089 Views)

Re: Region Communication Questions

★ Apprentice

Region calculations are done server side.

This should give you a hint why it isn't working.

Message 68 of 349 (1,081 Views)

Re: Region Communication Questions

★★★★★ Apprentice

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Commuting-broken/m-p/671226/highlight/false#M24297

read this post 

talks all about that 

sending money works but it takes a while 

Message 69 of 349 (1,078 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@gameismyname wrote:

Waste, so you can't just have your sims commute using cars?  That's odd. 

They will commute using just cars. I know because I have multiple cities where this has been the case.

Message 70 of 349 (1,126 Views)