[Mac] SimCity and MacOS Catalina & newer

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: Simcity is not working on MacOS Catalina

Hero (Retired)

Hi @VTC-Qatar - I moved your post to the master thread on this issue. Apple dropped support for 32-bit games like SimCity, beginning with MacOS Catalina 10.15. There is more information in the First Post & accepted solution in this thread, including some options for running 32-bit games after upgrading to Catalina. 

Message 41 of 102 (3,259 Views)

Re: Simcity is not working on MacOS Catalina

★★★ Newbie
@BlackjackWidow Thanks a lot, appreciate your kind support.
Message 42 of 102 (3,191 Views)

SimCity Installation Error

★★★ Newbie

Sim City won't launch on Mac running Catalina 10.15.4. Initially, the game downloaded and worked fine but at one point, it was uninstalled and now won't install. Whenever I try to install it, the Download manager says that it is fully installed but isn' and the Game Library still says "Install Game."

What can I do? Uninstalling and installing Origin hasn't helped. 

Message 43 of 102 (3,157 Views)

Re: SimCity Installation Error

Hero (Retired)

Hi @carod855 - I've moved your post to the master thread on this issue. Apple dropped support for 32-bit games like SimCity, beginning with MacOS Catalina 10.15. There is more information in the first post of this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-SimCity-and-MacOS-Catalina/m-p/8298578#M127940 , including some options for running 32-bit games after upgrading to Catalina. If you recently purchased SimCity from Origin, you may want to check out the Great Game Guarantee 

Message 44 of 102 (3,126 Views)

Re: Can't download Simcity Complete in Origin

★★ Novice

I have Catalina the most up-to-date version. It says Finalizing and nothing else. It's been doing this since yesterday when I purchased and downloaded it.

Message 45 of 102 (2,982 Views)

Re: Can't download Simcity Complete in Origin

★★★★★ Expert
Did you read the system requirements from the game, @KayHurricane?

The game doesn't run on version 10.15.x Catalina, due Apple has dropped 32 bit support and this operating system version is 64 bit only. You can use an older version from your operation system, or use Windows to play SimCity from 2013. Or ask your money back.

Regards.
Message 46 of 102 (2,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Sim City won't launch on Mac, and I am running Catalina 10.15.4. The game was purchased but won't install. Whenever I try to install it, it states that it is installed, but the game library still says 'install game'. When I press this button, it attempts to install again but doesn't move forward. I've also tried to install and uninstall origin numerous times.

Thanks.

Message 47 of 102 (3,057 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Justdance931 - Apple dropped support for 32-bit games like SimCity, beginning with MacOS Catalina 10.15. Please read the information in the accepted solution of this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-SimCity-and-MacOS-Catalina/m-p/8624769#M128194  If you recently purchased SimCity from Origin, you may want to check out the Great Game Guarantee 

Message 48 of 102 (3,042 Views)

Re: [Mac] SimCity and MacOS Catalina

★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed!  If I wanted to play the offline version I'd go get the other one, but I want to team up and work on the joint cities I had created with my brother.  That's kind of the whole point!  Make this happen, Aspyr, EA, whomever needs to carry that out, and port the version over so we can enjoy it here as well.

Message 49 of 102 (3,021 Views)

Re: [Mac] SimCity and MacOS Catalina

★ Novice

I just REPURCHASED the game, and it's STILL not working. I can't contact origin right now, so im pretty upset to say the least. Hopefully I can get my money back because this is ridiculous. 

Message 50 of 102 (2,995 Views)