How do I change the spoken language to English? (Simcity)

by qualk23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I change the spoken language to English? (Simcity)

★ Novice

Hello,

I contacted technical support earlier today since all the language in game was in Chinese, and they gave me a "guaranteed English digital copy" to re-install with.  I un-installed the previous DVD version, and have installed the Digital copy twice.  All of the in game language is still Chinese.  Is there not simply a way for me to select English?   Maybe some way for me to disable the in game voices?   If not, how can I fix this?

I appreciate your help, Thank you.

Message 1 of 18 (15,226 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change the spoken language to English? (Simcity)

Community Manager

Hi qualk23,

The spoken language in-game is Simlish. For installing the game itself in English (in-game text) you will need to first uninstall the game, choose English as your client language in Origin (Origin > Application Settings > General > Client Language > English US), restart Origin and then finally re-install the game directly via Origin.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 3 of 18 (15,915 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hello,

I have the exact same problem.I bought the game and I received it in Russian language. I would like to change it to English so I understand.

Please fix this.

Message 2 of 18 (15,198 Views)

Community Manager

Hi qualk23,

The spoken language in-game is Simlish. For installing the game itself in English (in-game text) you will need to first uninstall the game, choose English as your client language in Origin (Origin > Application Settings > General > Client Language > English US), restart Origin and then finally re-install the game directly via Origin.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 18 (15,916 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do you mean the language the citizens are speaking aloud, or the written language/controls ingame?

Message 4 of 18 (15,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried your soluion, but unfortunately The language popup only let me choose russian, hungarian and polish.

Please help.

Thanks

Message 5 of 18 (15,181 Views)

★ Novice

I suppose that makes sense.  The first copy I had of the game was all in a different language, but this second copy atleast has all of the written text / directions in English now.  I still wish there was some way to disable (or turn down) the in game spoken language though, it's really distracting.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 18 (15,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi jeffrey1k,

Your issue is a different case. I suspect you bought the game from an online retailer and they did not issue you an English key.

You will need to get in contact with the retailer who sold you the game.

Thank you for your understanding,

Nils

Message 7 of 18 (15,168 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry eanils, but I have the same problem than jeffrey1k and the key was supposed to bu multilingual. Moreover a community manager said that keys would be multilingual with 15 languages. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Questions-diverses/Simcity-en-fran%C3%A7ais/m-p/579496#U579496

It is not a matter of reseller. You (EA) sold games with only 3 languages wile they were supposed to be shipped with 15 languages. So now, how can you fix that please. I know you read this, and I know there is a solution. So please indicate us how to fix this problem with YOUR technicians.

Thank you,

Message 8 of 18 (15,143 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

for me it is the same problem, i tried everything, even using different language data files, which worked, but only until the update!

please help us!!

Message 9 of 18 (15,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. Thats really annoying when you buy a game that says its multilanguage and then its only russian, hungarian and polish. Please help the game itself is good and i want to play.

Message 10 of 18 (14,994 Views)