Re: ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Pl

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Please see the customer support link for help.

★★ Novice

Sigh. I waited a week to install this game. I find my Origin login from who knows how many years ago. Get SimCity: Limited Edition installed, click play and receive SMCY-26, first, which I have already added that information to this Answer HQ website. Closed the error message, clicked the red X button to close out the game. Clicked the Play button again from Origin and received this new error, "ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Please see the customer support link for help."

I have a functioning, persistent, internet connection.

Please advise.

Also, I am using Google Chrome as my internet browser. For "Select Location" there is no link for SimCity, so I had to choose 'Origin' as it was the only product link that made sense.

Message 1 of 10 (5,621 Views)

Re: ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Please see the customer support link for help.

★★★ Newbie

I havethe same problem 2 days now and get log in. WHat do we do?!?!?!?!

Message 2 of 10 (5,277 Views)

Re: ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Please see the customer support link for help.

★★★ Newbie

turn off your firewall but remember to turn it back on later

Message 3 of 10 (5,200 Views)

★★ Novice

I already did that and I still have the same error.

Message 4 of 10 (4,795 Views)

EA Sims Team

As the SMCY-19 error suggests, SimCity can't connect to EA. This is generally caused by one of the following:

1. You have a Firewall that has blocked SimCity and Origin or is awaiting confirmation you would like to allow them access to the Internet. Add SimCity and Origin to the allowed applications list, also check Windows Defender.
  2. Same as above but your Anti-virus software may be blocking Origin or SimCity so add both to the safe applications list.
  3. You may have a modified hosts file in Windows that is blocking traffic to EA servers. Follow this Microsoft guide - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
Message 5 of 10 (4,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I was about to create a new post but I saw that others had on the same subject.

I had not played Sim City for awhile and decided to play it again.  When I tried I got the above mentioned error code.  I contacted help and got asked to Delete the simcity folder and then download again.  This did not work.  So I contacted again and this time got detailed information via email on how to disable my windows firewall and my DEP.   Even though this makes my computer more vulnerable I did it, I also removed all antivirus software.  I tried to play the game and got the same message.  I contacted support again got given detailed information on how to manually remove the game from my computer and reinstall the game from origin.  I did this as instructed and got the same message.  So as you can see I am now very annoyed.  I was a little "oh this is ok" at the start but now I am truly pissed off.  Now please reply to this but do not for on second come back saying there is something wrong with my computer or how my computer is set up.  I have followed all instructions given to me to a letter.  All I ever did was not play the game for a few months and then come back to it.  This is a fault with the game and its programming.  During my absense I probably missed an update or two and my game is not being recognised by EA.  This is a fault with the programming because it is not flexible enough to cope with such issues.  You need to rectify this issue.  I bought the game, I should be able to play it.  I should be able to leave it for a period of time and come back and play it.    So I want a response and I want it fixed.

Message 6 of 10 (4,481 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Try going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityRecovery and right clicking on SimCityRecovery.exe and run that file.

Message 7 of 10 (4,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Already did that.  Also sent you this private message but I think it belongs on the public domain.

I got given an email telling me to turn off my firewall.  I do  not have any antivirus software running.  I right clicked Orign, pressed run as administrator and it just took me to where I can play simcity.  This is annoying.  You did not even read my last post.  If you did then you will know what I have done.  If you can not fix the problem externally I will be forced to take my computer to the shop and I will bill EA for the expense.  This is a fault with your programming of the game.  All I ever did was not play the game for a few months.  I made no changes to my computer.  I came back to play it and I could not.  Also in addition to this when a person purchases a game they should be able to play it, plain and simple.  They should not have resticted access to it.  When I buy a car, a tv, a phone etc. I am able to use them unhindered.  Yet what you are saying is that your company can put faulty programming in place and it is my fault, my computers fault.  I should be able to maintain a firewall and play a game.  I should be able to have antivirus software and play a game.  This is EA's fault and not mine.  I demand you give me much better more detailed descriptions on how to fix my game, or as I said you will be getting a bill.  I will also sue for the time it has taken me to try and fix the problem, the time spent typing to you and others.  I am passed being polite, I did that at the start.  I also suggest you read peoples posts fully in the future.

Message 8 of 10 (4,471 Views)

ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server

★★★ Newbie

can anybody help me its been doing this for about a year know and i have tryed every thing now

Message 9 of 10 (2,437 Views)

Re: ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Pl

Hero (Retired)

Locking this thread to prevent necro. If you have this issue, please make a new post detailing the issue

Message 10 of 10 (1,579 Views)