Can't change my avatar picture in game?

by taeyl04

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change my avatar picture in game?

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone, i've been scouring the internet for a solution for my small problem. When I signed up for Origin I was asked to pick a profile avatar and used one of the stock images. I wanted to change it and upload it to something else, i've been using random ones to see if would change in game. However it hasn't changed in days after switching it and remains with the stock one I picked first. Is there anyway to delete that or change it to something else? Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (3,186 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't change my avatar picture in game?

★★★ Novice

I looked for this answer a year ago and found it updates when EA updates the game. Since they do not update it anymore it won't change. If you switch to single player it will show your current avatar, but multiplayer you are stuck with whatever is there since the last update.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (2,451 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

No one solved this yet?

Message 2 of 8 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @aeonblue101 - Try changing your avatar on your Origin account here: https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/aboutme/index Please let me know if this updates your in-game avatar. It used to synchronize, although it used to take some time to do so. Please let us know if this works for you. Happy Building!

Message 3 of 8 (2,517 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That just changes my account avatar not my in game avatar... this was already suggest by EA's call center and they said the same thing it should update the in game avatar which it is not doing so, I also see no other players have managed to get their avatars updated either. 

Message 4 of 8 (2,481 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@aeonblue101 - I can see the problem and am having a difficult time tracking down any more info. I will keep trying, as it's not really a SimCity problem, it's something to do with the EA account profile - asking around for the best place to go for help with the issue. I will keep you posted with any developments. I'm sorry I can't do more at this time. Thank you for your report and patience. In the meantime, I hope you can still enjoy SimCity. Happy Building!

Message 5 of 8 (2,463 Views)

★★★ Novice

I looked for this answer a year ago and found it updates when EA updates the game. Since they do not update it anymore it won't change. If you switch to single player it will show your current avatar, but multiplayer you are stuck with whatever is there since the last update.

Message 6 of 8 (2,452 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AxionFynn wrote:

@AxionFynn Thank you so much for the post! Now I'm wondering if a complete uninstall and reinstall would count as an "update", or if it only happened when the game was patched.

@aeonblue101 - if you're willing to test, would love to know if a complete uninstall / reinstall works for you. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi ! I confirm the uninstall/reinstall make change the profil picture

Message 8 of 8 (2,020 Views)