Pogo Flash/Java Games and Features Retirement Discussion

by Pogo_Llama

Original Post

Re: Pogo Flash/Java Games and Features Retirement Discussion

★★ Apprentice

PLEASE CONSIDER NAMING THE GAMES THAT EA PLANS TO CONVERT TO HTML. AT LEAST WE WILL HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHICH GAMES WILL BE KEPT.  THE LIST OF40 PLUS  GAMES  BEING ELIMINATED MARCH, 202O LEAVES US WITH A MEAGER SELECTION TO CHOOSE FROM. SO MANY INDIVIDUALS ARE CONTEMPLATING CANCELLING THEIR MEMBERSHIP DUE TO THE LACK OF SELECTION. WE FEEL OUR OPINIONS REGARDING GAMES WE ENJOY ARE NOT BEING HEARD.

Message 21 of 1,272 (4,995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't like the fact that pogo is retiring Pogo Bowl. Pogo Bowl was the game that helped me choose on becoming a Club pogo Member in the first place. I hope that EA has plans on upgrading this game to HTML 5 . I will not renew my membership next year if Pogo Bowl is not upgraded. Pogo is adding to many Solitaire, Hidden Object and Majong games that i don't play on a regular basis, plus to many of these games are forcing you to buy power ups to finish levels. I already pay for Pogo and i refuse to pay any more real money just to buy vitual power ups just to finish a game. I know i'm not the only person upset about Pogo Bowl being retired and i understand about flash player being discontinued. As i stated at the beginning i hope you have pogo bowl in your plans of games being upgraded or your going to be losing me and a lot of others on being a PAID Club Pogo subscriber. .....   Thank you

Message 22 of 1,272 (4,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@EA_Mai, Pogo_Llama,

1. I recommend postponing the retirement of Flash games planned for March of 2020 until much later in the year, sometime in December 2020 if possible just before Flash is turned off by Adobe. Give us more time to enjoy our favorite Flash games before you rip them from our hands.  Pun intended with the word RIP. 

2. Also try to retain the traditional look of the Pogo website as much as possible. The appearance of the new Pogo site is so sterile and unfamiliar. I never go there now unless it is to find an answer for someone at the EA Answers HQ.

3. I have decided to end my membership in July of 2020 when it expires unless EA can redeem itself before then by showing vast improvements at the Pogo game site. Change should have been occurring a few years ago, not just during the past year. Now there is less time to recover.  If EA is serious about avoiding a mass exodus of paying members, it better invest a huge amount of resources in the Pogo website to save it from the free fall plunge that might come after March 2020.  I don't know if its true, but I heard that EA is planning to allow Xbox and PlayStation gamers to play at the new Pogo website once it is fully implemented.  That is a good idea to try to bring in new players considering all of those that will be leaving the site. 

4. Work with Hasbro to strongly encourage them to convert their classic Flash games to HTML5 code.  I enjoy the old games now owned by Hasbro more than any others.  If you are able to have Hasbro convert their games like Monopoly, Monopoly the World Edition, Monopoly Slots and Risk to HTML5, I would probably remain as a paying member.  I enjoy some of the newer HTML5 games provided at Pogo, but I will miss the Hasbro games most once they are gone. 

Flash games from the latest list of games to be retired that I would like to see converted to HTML5 if possible are:

MONOPOLY

MONOPOLY The World Edition

MONOPOLY Slots

RISK

BATTLESHIP or BATTLESHIP: Naval Combat

EVERYONE WINS BINGO

BINGO LUAU

CANASTA 
SPADES 

POGO BOWL (or some version of bowling)

DOMINOES (or some version of dominoes)

PHLINX or PHLINX II

SUSHI CAT 2

PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES

5. Currently there is no chat available at the new Pogo game webpages (the Early Access Experience).  I read from an EA post or blog that there will be chat made available in time.  I strongly encourage making the chat box easy to view while playing games with others.  The placement of the chat box under the game screen like it is now for the HTML5 games at the Classic Pogo webpages is not user friendly, because it requires scrolling up and down to make comments while playing the games.  In fast moving games, this scrolling up and down takes time that could result in lower scores.  Even if the game is not fast moving, it is inconvenient to have to scroll up and down to play and chat at the same time.  Its good that the chat box exists for the HTML5 games now but it was much easier to use when placed on the right side of the game screen as in the older Flash and Java games. 

Message 23 of 1,272 (4,944 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_MaiPogo_Llama If Texas hold em & Bingo Lua are removed, so will my subscription to pogo.
Message 24 of 1,272 (4,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

slot games like >

MONOPOLY Slots

Hog Heaven Slots

Vaults of Atlantis Slots

Peggle Slots

Bejeweled 2 Slots

below are the original trademark  of Pogo games introduce before club started in 2003...

table games like >

Chess

Canasta

Spades

etc...if ended...

then, I, We do not see the fun playing here anymore...

Message 25 of 1,272 (4,223 Views)

Re: Pogo Retirement Discussion

★★★★★ Novice

You know I have been on pogo from day one many many many years....and you know what kept me and my 4 names club on pogo....canasta,,, yall are making a big mistake taking away canasta you will loose many many memeberships...mine for one...and many of our friends as well...we already looking for another game site to play this game bc its all we play....and I am talking lots of  people not just me...thanks for the messed up kiddy game yall are making to be powered with extra moves and gem buying to do so...if you think parents are going to allow children to constantly buy gems for games I believe yall are sadly mistake.....yalls money making was the mini mall nasta and gin and qwerty all the best games yall are taking away.....adults play HERE MOSTLY CHILDREN ARE IN SCHOOL DUHHHHHHHH...….alos crazy cakes....really??? and sweettooth town whats this....and all the different solitaire...I mean how amny yall need??? hell we can play this ANY WHERE FOR FREE...… I understand newbies all this mess and new games but yall are losing sight on whats important to the people and are making nothing but crap kid games....just my opinion...thanks

Message 26 of 1,272 (4,261 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@cafedelon if they get rid of bowling I am leaving pogo not renewing my membership they are going down hill
Message 27 of 1,272 (4,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cancelled my renewal also

Message 28 of 1,272 (4,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agree.

Message 29 of 1,272 (4,216 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been a Pogo member for almost 17 years, to say I am very disappointed would be a huge understatement and I am also thinking about leaving even though I have spent a lot of time and money on Pogo stuff including mini stuff, gems to buy things but mostly what will ultimately sway me will be the lack of community and all the friendships particularly within leagues of which I have been a part of many as a player and also as a host and admin.  I understand that Java and Flash are not going to be supported anymore and that you have no control over that BUT some of the games can be redo as you have done with some others maybe the slots games that are left can be redone that would be lovely.  Thank you for listening and hopefully you are seeing that many of us truly care for what Pogo was for us.

Message 30 of 1,272 (4,190 Views)