game crashes on Parallels

by stanley4death

Original Post

game crashes on Parallels

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.98.158.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? nothing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in most cases, whenever you travel or just resume to the game, it crashes. The game usually let me play for 1 or 2 times when I tried to move to another place.
What happens when the bug occurs? just crashes and escape the game
What do you expect to see? should be fine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm using a window 11 emulator (Parallel), and the game can be run on high graphic or low graphics at first but whenever I load something up, it's certainly crashes.

For most of the time, my gameplay is between none to 20 mins(if I don't do anything to recklessly like try to travel, the sims just interact inside the house the whole time, except for going to work I guest).

Message 1 of 2 (311 Views)

Re: game crashes on Parallels

@stanley4death  Are you running anything alongside Sims 4 aside from the EA App?  Do you have any utilities installed, for example Razer software, that might be running without your having opened it?  I ask because the type of crash in your dxdiag (thanks for posting it, by the way) is often associated with a separate app interfering with Sims 4.  So the first step here would be to close anything else that doesn't absolutely need to be running.

If that doesn't help, please try playing in a clean boot.  I'm not sure exactly how Parallels boots up Windows, but if you disable all non-Windows-related services and then do the equivalent of restarting, that should amount to the same thing.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

The one service to leave enabled is the EABackgroundService, which the EA App needs in order to run.  Disable the rest as described.

When you reboot your computer, go through the Task Manager's background processes list shutting down any service that doesn't absolutely need to be running, for example anything from MSI Afterburner to RGB software might still be enabled.  If you accidentally kill a critical process and it doesn't restart on its own, just reboot again.

While testing, please don't add back any mods or custom content, at least not until the game is stable again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (272 Views)