Will Sims 4 work on 32 bit?

by CHarl0tte1gwx

Original Post

Will Sims 4 work on 32 bit?

★ Novice

I don't have enough RAM so I can't play on 64 bit. I'll have to play with 32 bits, and if that will make the game really slow and poor quality then there's no point in me even downloading. Is there anyone else playing on 32 bit? If so, how does the game run? I tried playing the trial on 32 bit but t was super glitch. I was wondering if that could've just been because it was a trial? Please help!

Message 1 of 3 (1,490 Views)

Re: Will Sims 4 work on 32 bit?

Hero (Retired)

@CHarl0tte1gwx How well the game runs on your computer depends on more then the amount of memory in the computer. As display resolutions continue to increase the amount of video memory required will increase. The code required to run the game continues to get more and more complex. This requires the cpu and other components to be more powerful. Not all memory is created equal. Gaming computers should be able to perform above student/business class computers to properly handle the game code and 3D graphics. As 64 bit computing continues to become the norm, minimum memory for gaming will be (is) 8Gb. More and more games are requiring 64 bit just to run and I have seen upgrades of older games to run 64 bit. Just buying faster memory may no improve the speed of the memory as the motherboard needs to be able to run the memory at that faster speed. The performance of a computer depends on the quality of the components and how these components interact with each other.

hth

Message 2 of 3 (1,479 Views)

Re: Will Sims 4 work on 32 bit?

You can play the game in 32 bit, but depending on the rest of the build of your computer this will run good or not.

You can use this to see if your system is strong enough:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 3 (1,478 Views)