Re: Why

by crinrict

Original Post

Why

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I do an update for my game it erases everything. I go in and it is the initial build a sim screen. All my families and houses are gone. This happened about a month ago but I bought an expansion pack and figured I would just start over. It was fine for a while. I would play, save, get out and come back and things were normal. Now today I went to play again and it needed updating. I updated it and yet again everything is gone. It is the initial build a sim screen and it is as if I never played. Why does it keep doing this? Is there a way to get my families back? How do I keep it from doing this? I see no point in playing it if it will just keep restarting itself every time it updates. 

Message 1 of 4 (171 Views)

Hero

Could you check this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves ? Do you have more than just slot_00000001.save in there ?

Are you using any cloud services ?

On the main menu, do you have a load button ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Yes in that folder there are a bunch of different saved files with a different numbers.

I use iCloud on my Mac and no there was no load button on the main menu when I logged in.

Thanks for the help!

Message 3 of 4 (153 Views)

Hero

Try the following then

• Backup that saves folder by making a copy to some other place on your mac
  • Load the game and go hit continue. Make sure to create a Sim and place it somewhere.
  • Exit the game after that and close it completely
  • Reload the game. Hopefully you have now a load button you can press to load your old save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (149 Views)