[RESOLVED] - Sims 4 Horse ranch won’t install

by Axphyl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[RESOLVED] - Sims 4 Horse ranch won’t install

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue. On my laptop the DLC I'm able to hit download but it just does an infinite "preparing" wheel and won't actually download. I've tried restarting the EA app. I tried clearing the cache. I tried restarting my device and yet nothing.

Message 1 of 830 (17,709 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Purchased game pack wants me to purchase again, won't download

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

Some backend changes were made last night that should help resolve this issue for all affected users. If you are still unable to download Horse Ranch at this time please let me know below so we can take a look. Please remember to also post an EA Error Report ID as they greatly aid us in determining the root cause of these issues. 

If you are still seeing issues installing purchased content at this stage, please reach out to an advisor for assistance at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us

EACade

View in thread

Message 766 of 830 (5,820 Views)

All Replies

it does not download the ranch expansio just keep preparing

★★★★★ Novice

I can not download the new ranch update  it only shows that it is preparing  and after almost half hour  I think I go check here I already restarted and cleared cache  but nothing helps 

Message 2 of 830 (17,460 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Horse ranch won’t install

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here…..

Message 3 of 830 (17,455 Views)

[ Edited ]

Before doing anything else, please follow EA_Cade's suggestion here:

@EA_Cade wrote:

Hey all, 

Before providing the EA Error Report as @puzzlezaddict requested; If you purchased the game through EA directly please check your Order History for any billing errors.

If you see a Failed, Pending or Processing status, you can cancel the purchase and reattempt it through the EA app or Origin for Mac. 

@Axphyl @nowyy123 @Jopineke1962 and anyone else seeing this issue, please create an EA App error report, as described here:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/ea/ea-app/run-ea-error-report/

And post the report ID in this thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 830 (17,402 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have similar issue with my pc. But I think the reason is that everybody tries to download and install it at the same time again. This one could have been phased in at least a little bit. At least it would be less blocked that way.

Message 5 of 830 (17,397 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Horse Ranch Available for download in managing add-ons(?)

★★ Apprentice

So I'm suck at "preparing" for the download of horse ranch from manage add-on . I've stopped the download and when to the store on ea and clicked download horse ranch from there and it is still looping in "preparing" what do i need to do.

Message 6 of 830 (17,301 Views)

horse ranch not work

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I bought horse ranch expansion pack and the sims 4 show that ,,new expansion pack is ready to install" but I cant download it. I tried to repair the game but it also didnt work. What should I do? Frown

Message 7 of 830 (17,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict  c47a084a-abaf-4ea3-ba95-cc1e8df49c9d

Message 8 of 830 (17,349 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Horse Ranch Available for download in managing add-ons(?)

★ Guide

I bought the game and I am stuck at preparing now too please help

Message 9 of 830 (17,276 Views)

Newly purchased pack not showing as owned or installable

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I just purchased The Sims 4 Horse Ranch Expansion Pack and it is not showing up as owned or in my library at all. I have an order confirmation number and the funds have been taken from my account but no download option for the pack is available. I had a similar thing happen with one of the kits a while back. Is there any way that I can fix this issue?

Edit: I just found out that the expansion pack shows up as owned in-game, but none of the content is available to me. 

Message 10 of 830 (14,912 Views)