Issues with transferring TS4 from the EA app to Steam

by TheNickKnack15

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issues with transferring TS4 from the EA app to Steam

★★★ Novice

I was attempting to transfer my EA version of TS4 to Steam. I did everything that the tutorials had said. I'd gotten TS4 on Steam, linked the accounts, and launched the game. It gives pop-up saying that it will download the packs via the Origin application, not EA, but when checking anywhere it doesn't say that the packs have been downloaded.

Upon attempting to look it up elsewhere with no other answers I was going to put a hold on it. I went about unblinking the accounts. Deleting the Steam version of the game, and re-downloaded the base game back on with my EA account. And now it's saying that all of my packs are not downloaded and I can't play any of my saves. It shows the worlds as blanked out but it does say that the pack is already downloaded. When I click on them it gives me a "Whoops! Check back later!" pop-up.

Has anyone successfully done this? And if so, how or what was the process to achieve it? And how do I resolve this?

Message 1 of 5 (293 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issues with transferring TS4 from the EA app to Steam

@TheNickKnack15  The most common cause of this is that the EA App installs your packs into a folder for the CAS Demo.  This obviously only applies if you have the Demo installed, but even if you think you don't, please check.  Here's how:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-DLC-shows-as-installed-won-t-load...

If you delete or rename the CAS Demo folder and clear the EA App's cache, the App should no longer think those packs are installed and allow you to download them into your Steam install.

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest using Revo Uninstaller to remove everything Sims 4-related except for the folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  This holds your saves and other user data, and I'm guessing you'd like to keep it.  Start by renaming that folder to something that doesn't include "Sims 4" so that Revo doesn't flag it for deletion.  Revo will still ask you what you'd like to delete, and you can review the list to double-check; it's just easier to be careful.

When choosing what to uninstall, look for the CAS Demo anyway in case it's hiding somewhere.

Once Revo has cleared everything out, you can reinstall the base game through Steam and all your packs through the EA App.  The App should no longer see whatever is making it think your packs are installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (243 Views)

All Replies

@TheNickKnack15  Please list a few of the packs that you own but don't currently see in-game.  Please also let me know whether you'd like to play through the EA App or Steam going forward.  Both should work, so pick whichever one you want.

Message 2 of 5 (273 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have all of the expansion packs except for High School Years and Growing Together. As for packs I have all but Wedding Stories, and Batuu. For stuff packs I have all but Moschino, My First Pet, Fitness, Bowling Night, and Luxury Party. 

It's not showing that I have any packs downloaded, only the base game. It still shows all of my saves and mods, but says I require said packs. But when prompted to download them via the EA app, it says that they are already downloaded. 

I would like to go to Steam going forward.

Message 3 of 5 (255 Views)

@TheNickKnack15  The most common cause of this is that the EA App installs your packs into a folder for the CAS Demo.  This obviously only applies if you have the Demo installed, but even if you think you don't, please check.  Here's how:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-DLC-shows-as-installed-won-t-load...

If you delete or rename the CAS Demo folder and clear the EA App's cache, the App should no longer think those packs are installed and allow you to download them into your Steam install.

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest using Revo Uninstaller to remove everything Sims 4-related except for the folder in Documents > Electronic Arts.  This holds your saves and other user data, and I'm guessing you'd like to keep it.  Start by renaming that folder to something that doesn't include "Sims 4" so that Revo doesn't flag it for deletion.  Revo will still ask you what you'd like to delete, and you can review the list to double-check; it's just easier to be careful.

When choosing what to uninstall, look for the CAS Demo anyway in case it's hiding somewhere.

Once Revo has cleared everything out, you can reinstall the base game through Steam and all your packs through the EA App.  The App should no longer see whatever is making it think your packs are installed.

Message 4 of 5 (244 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, clearing that cache out seemed to help!

Message 5 of 5 (214 Views)