Growing Together - Download Stuck at Preparing

by Heldomnivore

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Growing Together - Download Stuck at Preparing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’m on a PC and deleted all mods on my computer, trying to download the new Sims 4 Growing Together expansion pack through EA. It’s saying “download error” and will not download. Please help!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 1,292 (22,774 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Growing Together - Unable to Download

Community Manager

Hey all, 

We have some updates on the issue as of this morning:

Over the last few days, backend fixes have been implemented that resolved this issue for different subsets of players, these have been successful and we have seen previously blocked players able to launch Growing Together as a result.

• At this time, if you cannot download Growing Together via the EA app or Origin on Mac you will need to reach out to an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us so we can cancel your preorder, this will allow you to repurchase and install the Growing Together content.
  • You may see an old authorization charge on your payment method at the time you preordered that was refunded previously.

Most importantly: 

• This action will not charge you twice, advisors will ensure that any payment already taken is appropriately refunded to you.
EACade

View in thread

Message 1288 of 1,292 (9,667 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Expansion Pack not downloading

★★ Novice

Same here said to wait till 5pm though so tried to start now but still says error :/

Message 2 of 1,292 (22,758 Views)

Sims 4 content gone from EA library

★★★★★ Newbie

So I was trying to download the Growing Together pack shortly after 6, but it wouldn't download. I assumed this was because it had just been released so decided to close the EA app... but now the Sims 4 and all content that I have purchased for the game is gone. 

Message 3 of 1,292 (22,724 Views)

Champion

Moved post from Apex Legends to Sims 4

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 1,292 (22,705 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

We're seeing a lot of traffic right now on the EA app which is causing some download issues to occur.

We're in the process of mitigating these issues now and you should be able to install shortly.
EACade
Message 5 of 1,292 (22,700 Views)

Unable to install sims 4 growing together

★★★★★ Novice

I just tried to install Growing Together at 5:02pm and it said “download error”. I signed out and back in and now it’s not saying I’ve purchased the pack at all! 

Message 6 of 1,292 (22,012 Views)

Sims 4 Growing Together No way to Download

★★ Novice

I ordered The Sims 4 Growing Together Pack and Its after the release time. When I went to my EA app It shows it in my library but when I click on it to download it, It asks me to purchase the pack again. I have no idea how to work the app and what i can do to download my content. What is going on?

Message 7 of 1,292 (21,796 Views)

Sims 4 Growing Together pre-order

★★★ Newbie

I pre-ordered Growing Together weeks ago and it's not available anywhere in the EA app to download. When I go to the Growing Together add-on page I have the option to buy it again for another $40+, but I can't find any way to download what I already bought. I shouldn't have to buy this again - is this an app issue or a pack issue?

Message 8 of 1,292 (22,628 Views)

Preorder of Growing Together Issues

★★★ Newbie

I pre-ordered the Growing Together Pack and have proof of the purchase but it is still saying today (after its release) that I do not have it available to pay and it only says "Purchase"

Message 9 of 1,292 (22,623 Views)

Can't download growing together

★★★★★ Newbie

I bought the new expansion pack growing together on another site then the ea app. but now i cant download it. someone help please (:

Message 10 of 1,292 (21,814 Views)