Re: Delivery Error - and all kind of weird phenomenon

by yaelhadarsid778

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Delivery Error - and all kind of weird phenomenon

★★★★★ Newbie

The Game and all 13 expansion packs were purchased from steam.

Currently I am experiencing the following problems, and EA support team were not able to resolve those issues (Also see attached files):
1) I've got all kind of delivery errors

2) I cannot build your home anywhere,

3) I cannot save the game

On top of all empty lots, are hovering triangles and messages like "Sims cannot live on non-residential lots"

considering these issues, there is no way to play the game.

Removing the game from the windows & reinstalling the game from steam (Like it was installed originally) does not help to resolve this issue.

Message 1 of 3 (181 Views)

Accepted Solution

@yaelhadarsid778  Please try playing in a new user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and let me know whether problems 2 and 3 still happen.

For problem 1, try pausing OneDrive syncing before launching Sims 4.  To see the option, right-click the cloud icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (156 Views)

All Replies

@yaelhadarsid778  Please try playing in a new user folder.  Move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Your saves and other content will be intact in the folder you moved but temporarily not read by the game.)  Don't add anything to the new folder yet; just start a new save and let me know whether problems 2 and 3 still happen.

For problem 1, try pausing OneDrive syncing before launching Sims 4.  To see the option, right-click the cloud icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (157 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Seems like it is arranged!!
You are a champion, I'd never guess that.

(The same can be said for EA support that after few checks told me they've got nothing to propose, except for me to request a refund from steam)

Thank you very much!!

Message 3 of 3 (123 Views)