City life freezing

by temakixai

Original Post

City life freezing

★★★ Novice

Hello. After a few searches I couldn't seem to find a similar problem being expressed.

What I am experiencing is not a total freeze or crash.

What actually happens however, is that my game will freeze, stopping me from being able to pan the camera, zoom in or out, or click on anything that would otherwise bring up a contextual menu.

However, the game still has some minimal functionality in the UI. I can't see any menus at all, but if I click on the options button in the top right, I get the sound as if it successfully brought up the menu, and then scrolling down the middle of the page, the cursor changes to the pointed hand where the buttons would be. Using this, I am able to guess where the "Exit Game" button is, and then "Save and Exit", safely closing the game even during this glitch.

I first thought that it must be a bug caused probably by mods, that took effect after a set time after launching the game, as it wasn't related to actions my sims were doing (as it would be fine again after reload for about 2 minutes)

But I switched my game over to my previous family, and though paranoid at first, I continued to play for hours without any bugs or crashes. I continued again the next day on loading the game again, still fine, and eventually decided to switch back to my City Life family.

Everything was fine in the apartment for a while, but today as I went to play the game again, the same thing happened with the freezing, and keeps consistently happening the same way.

Any help on the issue would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 15 (474 Views)

Re: City life freezing

Could you try it again without any mods or CC in your game. Just place the folder on your desktop.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 15 (464 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. I removed all CC and played the game again and again within about 2 minutes it did the same thing again. 

So I feel it's not related to the CC then. Which would make sense since since my other family who is not in the city living world works fine, it's only this family living in an apartment.

Should I try making/playing as another household within the same world?

Message 3 of 15 (459 Views)

Yes, try this in a new save file. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 15 (445 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, so I tried playing in a different household in the same apartment building (Culpepper Apartments), nothing

Tried using a new household in the same city, still nothing

Tried using a different household in a different world, nothing

Loaded the freezing household again (still in same apartment) and nothing, 

Exited and reloaded the game and loaded the same household again, froze.

So it seems to me that the freeze is happening because of something that occurs within the first couple of minutes of loading the game fresh, isn't caused by mods, and only happens with this one household, and doesn't happen when loading the game with a different household and then switching.

I will probably try altering the sims in CAS at some point and see if it's to do with the sims themselves

Oh, and side note, also had a weird glitch just now where my sim was sitting down at a computer desk and I asked her to practice singing, but the vocals started happening twice, and when I asked her to stop she walked away leaving the duplicate of her voice behind singing in her seat like a ghost XD

it went away when I restarted, just thought it was a funny bug

Message 5 of 15 (435 Views)

Weird, could you post a DxDiag?
Please follow this how to on how to gather your DxDiag.
You can post the DxDiag by attaching it to your next reply.
Don't paste it directly into your answer, because that won't fit.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 15 (423 Views)

★★★ Novice

here

Message 7 of 15 (421 Views)

Could you upload the save to mediafire, use this link, make sure you name the file after your username (so we know it's your save file)
https://www.mediafire.com/filedrop/filedrop_hosted.php?drop=16a4fa2d42a913a878b44af7a1cc50b63610269d...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 15 (397 Views)

★★★ Novice

uploaded it. it didn't give me a link or anything so I assume it uploads to a drive you have access to

Message 9 of 15 (389 Views)

Hero

Hi @temakixai

you uploaded your dxdiag.

What we would need is your save game to check if we can duplicate your issue.

Just Zip the whole saves folder in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ and upload that. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (376 Views)