[CLOSED Jan. 2023] "You Don't Have Access" error in EA app for Steam/Epic Games

by hammysjp

Original Post

Re: You don't have access error

★★★ Newbie

Still doesnt work anyway I can contact EA?

Message 11 of 16 (23,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine was fifa 22 glitching but I just did what you did, it worked. Thanks man 

Message 12 of 16 (23,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hammysjp Thanks man, it even worked on fifa 22
Message 13 of 16 (23,761 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hammysjp have you found a solutiooon? I tried restarting but failed.
Message 14 of 16 (23,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If OP's solution didn't work out, then uninstall the EA App and install Origin (which the older version of the EA App). Origin Version 10.5.1 (10.5.115.51547 - 772443) worked for me. Once it's installed and you're logged into Origin, your game should be visible inside "My Game Library", but instead of the "Play" button, it will have a "Download" button instead. Click "Locate Game" as shown in the image and then select where your game is installed from the pop up menu.

It will take some time to locate the game and if needed, Origin will repair the game by downloading some content. Once that's done, you're good to go.

If you're unable to connect to EA servers after launching the game, exit, logout from the Origin app, relogin and relaunch the game. That fixed the issue for me.

P.S. I went with the Origin option since the "Locate Game" option isn't available on the EA App, for now at least.

Message 15 of 16 (22,415 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We're locking this thread so that people won't get confused. If you're running into the "You Don't Have Access" error as well when you try to install or launch an EA game that you've bought via Steam or Epic, please take a look at this thread and provide the requested details.

Thanks.

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 16 of 16 (67,112 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help