Re: Wish list for Squadrons 2

by ChadSquadron88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wish list for Squadrons 2

★★★★ Novice

If there will be a Star Wars Squadrons 2, and I hope it will come with the rogue squadron movie in 2023 latest, I had the following wishes:

1. DLSS for better VR performance
  2. Next gen graphics
  3. A longer campaign that is more independent form any PvP gameplay mechanics (as magic healing by support crafts etc..)
  4. No wing man icons for incoming transmissions, rather holo projections or any other more "realistic" way to display incoming radio transmission
  5. Optional at least a bit more simulation support as e.g. ingame ship launch and landing for every mission or a command to unfold the wings of an x-wing to combat mode etc..
  6. Better meet the stars wars look and feel when it comes to maps and locations: The hunted short film is a good benchmark, there you have just stars and planets, and a lot of dark space. That is how star wars space looks. More colorful nebulars are fine but they should be rather the exception than the rule
  7. New ships like the imperial star wing gunboat to provide also imp fighters a better 180 vision in VR
  8. Keep up the great work, especially in VR this game is a milestone and the most immersive SW experience ever!
Message 1 of 14 (12,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @tomypit We don't have any information on whether there will be another Squadron game, but this is a great post! Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the team🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (12,454 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
@tomypit the hype for this game wasn't that big because the Battlefront audience wanted it to be a casual and broken pew pew. Once they saw the skill gap, they ran back to their broken game. Squadrons sit at the top of my most played games (play it almost everyday), and love the flight mechanics as well. Wishing for a sequel or prequel that it is based either in the Galactic Civil War major battles (seen in the movies), or the sequel trilogy battles.
Message 2 of 14 (12,553 Views)

★★ Pro
@tomypit Actually I rather they just make an Expansion to the current game. I guess there is not much I want to change, but maybe more options for Multiplayer in the forms of New Game Modes and more Star Fighter options.
Message 3 of 14 (12,525 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @tomypit We don't have any information on whether there will be another Squadron game, but this is a great post! Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the team🦾

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 14 (12,455 Views)

★★★ Guide
@tomypit you forgot the telemetry sounds for the TIE's targeting computers which is missing from the current game.
Message 5 of 14 (12,446 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'd love three things more common in combat flight simulators than in action games:

1st A mission editor - lots of creative minds in the community - give them a chance to prolong the games lifetime!

2nd A dynamic campaign - have your fleet move around and let the stuff you do matter for a larger simulated war. Destroy a shipyard - less supplies for the enemy. Destroy a listening post - less intel for the enemy. And every ship you destroy during combat is one ship less for the enemy war effort. Make it two campaign - a canonical rebel alliance and a non canonical imperial one.

3rd An actual dammage model with systems that can fail instead of a health bar.

Message 6 of 14 (12,282 Views)

★★ Guide
@tomypit Hello there !
Nice post !
Hope a sequel will definitely come at some point or be included in Star Wars Battlefront 3 ! (as this game developpement is sadly "abandoned")
Dlss for VR !
Next gen graphics !
Movies like space battles ! (Death Star assault with final trench run ! Battle of Endor ! Hoth invasion ! Podracing ! And more)
All saga areas !
More Maps !
Keep sharing your hopes and your love for Star Wars and this awesome game !
Thanks again to all the team !

May The Force Be With You, Always...
Message 7 of 14 (12,269 Views)

★★ Guide

100. i dont want a sequel unless it covers other eras cause this game has too many problems as a starwars game. I rather some other studios take a go at this game type. i would like a deeper and fuller mission and dynamics, I love this game for the sampler it was, but it could be soo much better. not just that there can be more to it, but there is much that does not need to be here. I like the small party size of the game and it needs to stay small squadron based. but i believe the makers ran into the problems that sit in the game that could not be overcome without expanding the team and time that was already put into it. so, and expansion would be the best way to go for this game. i just rather not buy into another game like this when it is not really going to change any fundamentals of the game.

Message 8 of 14 (9,695 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'd love to see that longer campaign(s) playable in cooperative multiplayer like the (sadly too short) campaigns in X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter: Balance of Power back in the day. Those were a blast to play through with friends.

Message 9 of 14 (9,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ghostmonk000Clone Wars will not work for the CIS as it's fighter classes are automated. It can work with the sequel trilogy though.

Message 10 of 14 (9,016 Views)