Re: Steam - Error Code 918

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Error Code 218

★★★ Newbie
@Idalasam Same across the board. 100% on ranked Fleet Battles, hit or miss on unranked FB vs AI and Dogfight. On unranked I'll have already been replaced by matchmaking before I even get code 218, which I know due to friends in original lobby that I'm kicked from. How efficient.
Message 871 of 877 (2,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue and looks like no way of solving this except to wait for bug fixes? Playing on VR though in my case and this happens like 50% of the time.

Message 872 of 877 (2,009 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just had this same error code three games in a row. I load into a ranked fleet battles match and join in the lobby but once the lobby loads into the game I get kicked out back to the main menu and get penalized for leaving the game even though I didn't leave and the game kicked me out. I get a loss on my statistics which really sucks and it happened 3 times in a row just before so I stopped playing and don't know what to do. I get penalized just for trying to play the game what nonsense. You should only be penalized if you voluntarily left the game by quitting not for error codes. They better fix this fast because it's unplayable for me right now. Really sad because I'm loving the game. 

Message 873 of 877 (1,984 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem for me 3 times in row. I get 3 losses on my statistics and placed in leaver low priority queue. Really really frustrating and I hope it gets fixed soon. 

Message 874 of 877 (1,992 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here is my chat with EA earlier:

Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Maria, may I start with your first name please?
Maria
Mitchell
Hello, nice to meet you Mitchell hope you are doing good apart from concern
Maria
6:54 PM
The preorder items from Steam are not in my inventory for Squadrons. This seems to be effecting most players who were affected by the 918 error code and could not connect to online services for almost 24 hours after launch.
6:55 PM
Thank you for giving me a clear picture of the concern rest do not worry I will surely check the details for you.
6:56 PM
I just got update we are getting multiple contact regarding this issue and the good thing is that our team is aware of it and its a know issue for us our best minds are working on this we will resolve the issue as soon as possible so that you can continue and enjoy your game
Maria
6:58 PM
This is the second time I have preordered an EA game that has launched with issues. It will be the last time I even think about purchasing an EA product at full price.
6:59 PM
I understand this could be upsetting for you rest do not worry our team is aware of it and its a know issue for us our best minds are working on this we will resolve the issue as soon as possible so that you can continue and enjoy your game

OUR BEST MINDS ARE WORKING ON THIS

Message 875 of 877 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Idalasam I am also getting error 218 consistently.
Message 876 of 877 (1,979 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone,

Since Error 918 is resolved, I'll be closing this thread. For the missing pre-order items, we still have this thread to continue the discussion:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Cant-get-pre-order-bonus-SWS/td-p/9541384

Message 877 of 877 (7,120 Views)