Star wars Squadrons Launch Error:

by Skyrimfall

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star wars Squadrons Launch Error:

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Bought Star Wars Squadrons on PC from Epic Games Store during the Holiday sales. I downloaded the game from Origin launcher. But every time I try to launch it I get the following error message:

"We're sorry, an error has occurred. Invalid License. Reason Code = Missing DLL: [dbghelp.dll] Error: 0x45A."

Once you click exit on this error window, I get a second Easy Anti Cheat error window: "Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll)"

Repairing the game and updating the Nvidia Geforce drivers didn't work. All my games on origin work fine, I am using a Windows 10 pro 64bit, 16gb ram, GPU GTX 1080, CPU i7-8700. I scoured the internet for solutions couldn't find any. Please help me, I really want to play squadrons and join the fun!

Here is a screenshot of both error messages am getting: https://imgur.com/a/WJtSEbO

Message 1 of 4 (2,312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star wars Squadrons Launch Error:

★★ Apprentice

Post Update: Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 seemed to have fixed the problem for me. I previously stopped updating Windows after an error had occurred earlier this year (In June) that corrupted some Windows files. New Windows update fixed all corrupt files (running sfc/ scannow shows no integrity violations or corrupt files) and allowed the game to launch with no problem. Hope this could help anyone having a similar issue!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,264 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

Post Update: Updating to the latest version of Windows 10 seemed to have fixed the problem for me. I previously stopped updating Windows after an error had occurred earlier this year (In June) that corrupted some Windows files. New Windows update fixed all corrupt files (running sfc/ scannow shows no integrity violations or corrupt files) and allowed the game to launch with no problem. Hope this could help anyone having a similar issue!

Message 2 of 4 (2,265 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Skyrimfall The problem keeps coming back for everyone wish this could be fixed!
Message 3 of 4 (1,467 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Star Wars: Squadrons , please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 4 of 4 (1,125 Views)