Re: Star Wars Squadrons - Mon Cala Mission won't load - loading screen ongoing

by Xelvam2021

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Squadrons - Mon Cala Mission won't load - loading screen ongoing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just got the game from STEAM and installed it. Everything was fine until the Mon Cala Mission in Story mode. Been checking for an update but nothing is available. There is no downloadable link to fix this bug. Can someone please help me?

CM edit: all caps title.

Message 1 of 15 (2,495 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Xelvam2021, thanks.

I can see from the DxDiag that your PC does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game, which could result in the issues that you're experiencing. Even though all of the other missions might have worked before, it doesn't have to mean that the game will keep working for you, unfortunately.

System requirements: https://www.origin.com/store/star-wars/star-wars-squadrons#store-page-section-requirements.

At a minimum, the PC needs to have a GeForce GTX 660+ to run the game. Your PC seems to have a GTX 650 Ti, which one generation below the minimum system requirements of the game.

At a minimum, the PC also needs to have a i5 6600k+ (Skylake) processor to run the game. I can see that your PC seems to have a i7-4770 from the Haswell generation. This means that it's officially unfortunately not supported either, I'm afraid. Frown

I am very sorry, but it seems like the PC is not officially supported to run the game and therefore its very likely that you're now experiencing these issues.

Maybe you can get in touch with Steam to see if you're still eligible for a refund?

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (2,410 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @Xelvam2021,

Have you tried to repair the game via Steam already?
https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0C48-FCBD-DA71-93EB
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 15 (2,466 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

Yup all done. I have verified 100 percent of the game.

Message 3 of 15 (2,460 Views)

Community Manager
@Xelvam2021, gotcha. Are you maybe able to restart the missing if it keeps loading? Or is that also not an option for you?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 15 (2,454 Views)

★★ Novice

Its not an option at all. After selecting the TIE fighter, its goes on the cutscreen and then a black screen and  it keeps on loading. 

Message 5 of 15 (2,442 Views)

Community Manager
@Xelvam2021, alright. Would it maybe be possible for you to post a DxDiag?
https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 15 (2,423 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

Yup. I have attached it as requested.

Message 7 of 15 (2,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Xelvam2021, thanks.

I can see from the DxDiag that your PC does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game, which could result in the issues that you're experiencing. Even though all of the other missions might have worked before, it doesn't have to mean that the game will keep working for you, unfortunately.

System requirements: https://www.origin.com/store/star-wars/star-wars-squadrons#store-page-section-requirements.

At a minimum, the PC needs to have a GeForce GTX 660+ to run the game. Your PC seems to have a GTX 650 Ti, which one generation below the minimum system requirements of the game.

At a minimum, the PC also needs to have a i5 6600k+ (Skylake) processor to run the game. I can see that your PC seems to have a i7-4770 from the Haswell generation. This means that it's officially unfortunately not supported either, I'm afraid. Frown

I am very sorry, but it seems like the PC is not officially supported to run the game and therefore its very likely that you're now experiencing these issues.

Maybe you can get in touch with Steam to see if you're still eligible for a refund?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 15 (2,411 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey,

Thanks for the info. 

Its time to change the PC I guess.....

Message 9 of 15 (2,400 Views)

Community Manager
@Xelvam2021, no worries, happy to help. Standard smile

I wish you good luck on your PC adventure!
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 10 of 15 (2,381 Views)