★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? CnRJay
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Every time you can move the camera around
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Anytime that I move the camera like in the hanger
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. The hanger and in flight
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01/10/2020
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? The screen starts majorly tearing and looks choppy. But I am running 144hz and it feels like 60hz
What do you expect to see? I expect to see fluid gameplay and not a choppy game.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." N/A
What components were you using? Xbox Controller
Which customizations (if any) were you using? N/A

This is unplayable until this is fixed. I have seen multiple people on reddit and discord that also have this problem. The refresh rates above 60hz are broken, it makes the game super choppy. I am playing on 144hz and the whole game is skipping when I turn even though I am running at 300fps.

Message 4 of 732 (29,249 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Refresh Rate bug

EA DICE Team

Hi everyone,

We pushed out a fix for this issue in today's Mandalorian update. Some of you mentioned it's now working for you - glad to hear that! And thanks for sticking with us. If you notice any new or remaining issues related to this, please leave a comment.

View in thread

Message 648 of 732 (10,236 Views)

All Replies

Runs INSANELY poorly on Index on a 1080TI

★★★★ Novice

1080TI EVGA SC BLAKC

I7 8700K @ 4.7

16GB LL DDR4 RAM

I can not even get a solid 90 on low at default 110% res. Meanwhile people with 2060s and 2070s are playign it at ultra at 150% at 120fps....

I am not the only oen with this CPU and Card having this issue either.

Message 1 of 732 (23,787 Views)

Re: Runs INSANELY poorly on Index on a 1080TI

★★★★ Guide

Have you updated your video card drivers?

Message 2 of 732 (23,784 Views)

Re: Runs INSANELY poorly on Index on a 1080TI

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Of course, i've done all the usual suspects, literally spent 2.5 hours trying to get it to run acceptably. I am not the only one either.

https://scontent.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/120624083_10221414947816144_3002197824271694589_o.jp...

I've done everything possible on the user front.

Message 3 of 732 (23,777 Views)

[PC] High refresh modes are capped to 60hz.

★★★ Novice

High refresh modes are capped to 60hz.

No combination of video or graphics options solve this issue.

Hopping for a quick fix!

Thank you.

Message 5 of 732 (23,692 Views)

Re: Refresh Rate bug

★★★★★ Novice

I experience this issue too.  I'm using an Oculus Quest and the game is going through SteamVR.  What is happening is that the game is still rendering at full speed.  However, camera movements cause the game to momentarily chug hard.  On the VR headset you can see time-warp artifacts on the image (you can see the black border of the rendered image) if you move far enough.  If you try to keep your head perfectly still, the game will render at seemingly normal speeds.

My only solution is to quit to the main menu and re-launch the campaign at my last checkpoint.  The bug happens about once or twice a mission.

Message 6 of 732 (29,085 Views)

Re: [PC] High refresh modes are capped to 60hz.

★★ Novice

Same issue, AMD Vega GPU.

Message 7 of 732 (23,640 Views)

Re: [PC] High refresh modes are capped to 60hz.

★★★ Newbie

I was able to fix the refresh rate, make sure you select Full Screen Mode, then the other settings will open up to you. I hope this helps!

Message 8 of 732 (23,615 Views)

Major Frame Skipping

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RedLegss
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' V-sync and or mayor frame skipping
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Happens everywhere when I play the game, tried changing all Video settings to no avail.
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Anywhere in the game.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 10/2/2020
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a major optimization problem with the game. Playing at above 60 FPS+ there is frame skipping, the FPS for me is 144hz but it is far from what 144hz should look like. It's so bad that I have to use 60 FPS to reduce it and at that it's still there, it makes 144hz look like 30hz. I went back to Star Wars Battlefront 2 to make sure the old engine was right and I played a starfighter game and it looks perfect, so I hope this can be fixed quickly because it's a real problem and everyone should be having this issue.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the game run smooth like it does in Star Wars Battlefront 2.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." none
What components were you using? none
Which customizations (if any) were you using? none

There is a major optimization problem with the game. Playing at above 60 FPS+ there is frame skipping, the FPS for me is 144hz but it is far from what 144hz should look like. It's so bad that I have to use 60 FPS to reduce it and at that it's still there, it makes 144hz look like 30hz. I went back to Star Wars Battlefront 2 to make sure the old engine was right and I played a starfighter game and it looks perfect, so I hope this can be fixed quickly because it's a real problem and everyone should be having this issue.

Message 9 of 732 (26,422 Views)

Low fps on high end PC

★★★★ Novice

Hello

I run the game on an RTX 2070, i5-8600K and 1440p screen, and I have really bad performances, whether I set the graphics in ultra or low, it seems I am stuck at 30-40 fps. I tried to enable or disable VSYNC but it's the same

Anyone else got the problem ?

Regards

Message 10 of 732 (23,785 Views)