Re: PS4 Control Remap questions

by GRDNANGL172

Original Post

PS4 Control Remap questions

★ Novice

Hello

I'm trying to remap some functions on my PS4 controller and I'm having trouble with a few of them.

Focus Shields / Convert Power

Ir shows as a "COMBO" option where I can select the main button and it auto sets the 2 below to "double tap" and "hold" with the same button.

I have a lot of free buttons since I don't care for stuff like "show loadout" so I wanted to map let's say "weapons" to a single button press instead of double tap. Or maybe even maintain the combo but make the single press be weapons and double press be shields.

Specific targeting switch without opening the whell. I see people mapping all sorts of specific tsrgets in their hotas like "flagship systems" or "allies" but it seems to be impossible currently for a normal controller and that's unfair. I'm not saying that we have a LOT of free buttons but having the option to remap some of them to specific targeting would be way better than using the default whell

Message 1 of 5 (531 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The lack of ability to shields to front or back without a pop up prompt is completely ridiculous. You should be able to map to d-pad and you can’t. Horrible oversight.

Message 2 of 5 (516 Views)

★★★ Guide
@GRDNANGL172 you can. Double tap = front, tap = back, hold = balanced.
Message 3 of 5 (504 Views)

★ Novice
@GRDNANGL172 You can move shields without a prompt, but you need to enable this in the control options first. Then you can single tap, double tap and hold for back/front/balanced.

But the problem for me is that if I want for example to make dpad up "front shields" and dpad down "back shields" it won't let me because the remap uses the "combo" stuff which sucks.
Message 4 of 5 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’ll have to take another look at the controls. I know there wasn’t an option for it like there was with the flight stick. Thanks for the tips. 

Message 5 of 5 (483 Views)