Mouse Problem in Stare Wars Squadrons

by Wagmatt

Original Post

Re: Mouse Problem in Stare Wars Squadrons

★ Novice

For mine, I'm up to Mission 3: Through Enemy Lines. I've had this happen consistently twice now, after briefing the freelook mouse drops out, a mouse pointer appears, and suddenly I can no longer select anything, move, or progress. This includes if I have highlighted a character and would normally be able to click on them to trigger a conversation. 

My only way to recover is to force-quit (use the force, haha, geddit? Sorry...) Star Wars Squadrons and re-start, which takes me back to the same point and same conversations etc. 

I'll take a look at my controls and check they are okay, but I'm worried this new patch may have broken something. Anyone else?

Message 11 of 23 (990 Views)

★ Novice
@distractedED374 In mission, all is fine. But back to the hangar screen for next mission (now switching to the Imperial carrier) and the same thing happens. Using keyboard and mouse, all settings appear fine. Anything I should check in particular?
Message 12 of 23 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have a new clean install of Windows 10 (20H2) and clean new install of SWS.

I also discovered the mouse problem. I am still playing the story mission. When navigating through the story points/rooms, suddenldy the mouse navigation stops and a grey mouse cursor appears but clicking with it has no effect. Using keyboard has no effect as well. ESC-Key is doing nothing.

All I can do is ALT + F4 to desktop and restart the game again...

Using a Razer Basilisk. All drivers are up to date.

Please fix. Thanks.

Message 13 of 23 (971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem. Along with trying most of the keys, I also changed video mode from full-screen to borderless, but it still happened. Nothing works except to Alt + F4 and restart the game.

Message 14 of 23 (952 Views)

★ Novice

Without a reply from EA, and since an update to Squadrons, this issue seems to have been dealt with. I can now operate controls just fine now within Hangar screens for extended periods.

Message 15 of 23 (870 Views)

★ Novice
@distractedED374

...they wrote in patchnotes, that they fixed that.
Message 16 of 23 (851 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@WagmattThis is because an attached USB HID device has a button or switch toggled to ON that is constantly pulsing and causing the (crappy) HID device recognition system in SW:S to keep giving it control.

This was a known issue on release day, and the only way around it was to hold the RMB down and change the order of the devices in 'Controls' or unplug the offending device or find and turn 'off' the offending switch (unless like on the Warthog Throttle) it pulses in both states.

This is your problem.

Message 17 of 23 (830 Views)

★★ Novice

No, this is not my problem, this is an issue that should have been sorted by EA QA before release. I have many simulation titles in which the mouse works find in the UI, both 2D and VR.

EA needs to address this.

Kind regards

Message 18 of 23 (821 Views)

★ Novice
@Wagmatt Is this the imfamous DCS Matt Wagner? Hmm..

Well, this drove me nuts. But today I figured the game was seeing some gamepad controller somehow (I didn't have one). And I noticed that if you go into the Options\Controls and scroll down to 'FLIGHT STICK' there was a list of devices that it sees. I think the game thinks you are using a gamepad as your #1 Primary device, so it shows you all of those gamepad labels on buttons. So, I changed the order of my devices and now the Cursor stays on all of the time and the buttons have keyboard(A-Z) labels.
Message 19 of 23 (694 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep, I'm having the same issue - I run the Virpil HOTAS kit with MFG crosswind pedals, and have to say that Squadrons has absolutely atrocious support for joysticks on PC. I'm having another issue whereby all my controls stop working totally every 5th or 6th spawn - only way to fix is to die and respawn. I reported this 2 months ago, no reply. Have seen many others with the same problem

Message 20 of 23 (582 Views)