Mouse Problem in Stare Wars Squadrons

by Wagmatt

Original Post

★★ Novice

In order to use the mouse in the UI, I must hold down a mouse button for the mouse cursor to appear and use the mouse. I have tried this one two computers, both using Logitich mice.

Kind regards

Message 1 of 23 (6,560 Views)

Re: Mouse Problem in Stare Wars Squadrons

Hero

Well, I can say I don't have this issue and I haven't seen other reports of it (yet), so I guess its localized.

a) check your mouse settings in the game's option menu

b) make sure you have the correct mouse drivers. Just because your mouse works for basic actions in Windows, does not mean it will work for all the applications/games you run.

Are you saying you are having the same issue running SWS on two different computers with two different Logitech mice?

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 23 (6,515 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, but no. There is nother report with at least six other customers having the same issue.

Yes, the exact same issue on two different computers with two different types of Logitch mice. Both using current firmware/drivers.

Kind regards

Message 3 of 23 (6,503 Views)

Hero

I also noticed today that sometimes the mouse does not appear in the menu when I jump into the game. For me, pressing a mouse button didn't change it - had to use the keyboard.

Probably best for us to add details to one of the existing posts, so it gets more attention.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 23 (6,492 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this exact same problem, but I'm running a Razer Firefly mouse. all drivers are up to date. I can only use my mouse in menus if I hold right click down. 

Message 5 of 23 (6,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

LOL localized?  I’ve seen reports of this all over Reddit. 

it’s happening for me as well. In my case I occurs when my Logitech X56 HOTAS is plugged in and active. Don’t get me started on why the X56 shows up as 3 sticks and only (kind of) works when you have the stick device selected for all three flight stick settings Confused

In my case if you set the first flight stick to something else (X56 throttle or vjoy) the mouse works properly in the menus, but the stick doesn’t work in game. Reset it to the flight stick and stick works but you have to hold the right mouse button down to use the mouse. 

FWIW in case it’s related (since presence of HOTAS seems to be what jacks up my mouse) I have to unplug the throttle unit just to be able to bind the twist axis on the flight stick (or to get the “mash any” mechanic to work in the single player prologue). 

Message 6 of 23 (6,349 Views)

★★ Novice

Dear all,

After a lot of trail and error, I finally figured it out.

If you go to CONTROLS, look for where it lists Flight Stick 1 Device. Click on to re-order the devies.

That worked for me.

Best of luck!

Message 7 of 23 (6,347 Views)

★ Guide

This is what i have written. Its not the same but a mouse problem

Even after the new patch i have CTDs while exiting from Main menue.

To navigate through the menue i have to left/right click my mouse first .

I exit the game with my mouse in the main menue. I navigate with the mouse, click on exit and a crash occurs every time.

It occurs only when exiting the game, its a total crash, i have to push the reboot button on my pc!! Task Manager does not work here!!

Sometimes when navigating only with my kb there is no crash. I can exit the game, restart the game again and exit again.

Its working.

Message 8 of 23 (6,322 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Wagmatt pressing ESC a few Times gets the mouse to star working again.

The issue is also on the known issue list.

/Atic
Message 9 of 23 (6,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a HOTAS Warthog and in my case my mouse started to work once I made sure no button on flightstick device 1 was engaged,

I used the windows game controllers properties to make sure no button was engaged (circle with button number lighted).

It seemed to me that as soon as the game sees the engaged button it switches to the flightstick menu controls and hides the muse cursor.

Message 10 of 23 (5,908 Views)